The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I thought the overall quality of football was better last season, but the last day permutations this season were obviously miles better. 9 out of 10 teams with something to play for going into the last game.

21 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I thought the overall quality of football was better last season, but the last day permutations this season were obviously miles better. 9 out of 10 teams with something to play for going into the last game.

^This.

16 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Holy Fcuk what have we done to deserve  both Colin Steven and Douglas Ross on Friday 

I can't  stand DRoss but to be fair to him....I thought he was one of the better linesmen I've seen at Somerset recently.... when players questioned a decision he called them over and explained why he'd made to so fair play to him....he's still an absolute BeeGee (look up their early name)

Edited by Bruadair

Players now confirmed for Moff benefit game on 10th June at Dam Park 3pm kick- off 
Shankland , Geggan , Bell , McLaughlin, Crawford, Kerr, Hutton, Roberts,Stevenson,Moffat,Adams and Gilmour
Very limited fan spaces left , go to website to see how to apply to play , each team will have 6 of the above in your team and the other 6 playing against you 

16 hours ago, pandarilla said:

There's also the tiny chance of witnessing one of the greatest nights in the club's history (which is not nothing). 

There is absolutely f**k all to lose now. If they ultimately fail then so be it, but I want to see them TRY to make that happen.

On 23/05/2023 at 10:32, Finlay21 said:

Over 80% of tickets bought in last 48hrs is normally home fans 

There will be a big Jags support at Somerset on Friday so don't assume 80% is all about home fans.

I for one certainly don't think the tie is over and admit that the prospect of Dipo playing does worry me a bit.

I am more worried though that in the games against Queens Park and at Firhill against Ayr everything went our way. I just feel that we might be heading for a big fall in this 4th play-off game.

If Dipo plays I hope Doolan moves  Holt from left back, where he has been covering for the injured Milne, to Central Defence. Holt can then partner Muirhead or Brownlie

I think Holt is our best central defender and will be able to handle Dipo better than Muirhead or Brownlie.

This, though  leaves us the problem of covering left back!

Here's hoping for a good game and a Jags win on the night.

Albinson

McAllister Kirk McGinty Musonda

O'Connor Murdoch Dempsey JML

Dipo McKenzie

For me Reading needs dropped and at present, Musonda is the only viable alternative.  We really need to just go for it and have the 2 attacking wingers on the pitch.

18 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Albinson

McAllister Kirk McGinty Musonda

O'Connor Murdoch Dempsey JML

Dipo McKenzie

For me Reading needs dropped and at present, Musonda is the only viable alternative.  We really need to just go for it and have the 2 attacking wingers on the pitch.

I was thinking entirely differently since we have to go for it.  

LINEUP111684934604954.png

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Albinson

Kirk McGinty Musonda

McAllister Smith Murdoch Ashford

McKenzie Dipo Mullin  

No Dempsey?

He's the only central midfielder we have that looks capable of providing a scoring threat.

3 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Players now confirmed for Moff benefit game on 10th June at Dam Park 3pm kick- off 
Shankland , Geggan , Bell , McLaughlin, Crawford, Kerr, Hutton, Roberts,Stevenson,Moffat,Adams and Gilmour
Very limited fan spaces left , go to website to see how to apply to play , each team will have 6 of the above in your team and the other 6 playing against you 

Suprised (but pleased) that active players like Shankland and Crawford are allowed to play in this. Imagine a fan mistiming a tackle of Sir Lawrence and put him out of Hearts games for a few months 😬

4 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Looks like the fans will be providing the width. No doubt in more ways than one.

Might have helped if the AP reported Dipo as having a knock rather than a back injury. Dipo to start only for Muirhead to suspiciously mistime a header and land on top of him inside the first 10 minutes seems likely.

I don’t think I would go out and just chuck forward thinking players at it. I can’t actually decide what team I want - Maguire to start and hope he can recreate his start to the game from last week and maintain it or Smith in midfield to allow us a bit more control. 

I think I am edging towards Maguire, with Ashford and Mullin out wide. If we are even one up with 30 to go, then we have O’Connor who we all know can have a huge impact off the bench. 

3 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

No Dempsey?

He's the only central midfielder we have that looks capable of providing a scoring threat.

Either him or Murdoch wasn't sure between who as both were poor on Friday