The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

48 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

From a fans perspective we should all want him to stay, it's up to Smith and Mathie to decide if the club need the money, what's a "fair" offer and whether some of it could be better invested.

Would we get the best of him though if hes homesick? Factor in our most bankable assist in years could leave for free in a year and its prett grim. Fair enough if he had another 2 or 3 years left on his deal, keep him but with a year left I'd take the money and run and hope Amarty is the new Tomi/Dipo 

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

So much for him refusing to turn up for pre seasonScreenshot_20230628_162434_Twitter.thumb.jpg.ee2370ddee8a68e937913f903453e58b.jpg

It used to be that of a player didn’t turn up for training the club was within its rights to not pay him.

He’ll have been offered life changing money to move and is still earning a modest footballers wage at Ayr. he signed a contract 12 months ago so he is in full knowledge of the situation. 

The club could offer, budget allowing, a wage increase and a further year, this could allow him to renegotiate his contract and maybe give him more day in the future transfer. A bit like Harvey, here is some extra money but if someone pays £x then you can go. 

Him staying isn’t going to make him happy but if we can make him less unhappy and give him the opportunity to win a move that meets our valuation then that would help.

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

From a fans perspective we should all want him to stay, it's up to Smith and Mathie to decide if the club need the money, what's a "fair" offer and whether some of it could be better invested.

Agree, any player leaving for less than a million I'm not in any way bothered about and would rather they stayed put.  Realistically, what is it we are going to do with a one off 250,000 which we likely don't even get in one payment?  

I don't get the whole a player is unhappy and wants a move closer to home .

It's what your career is tbh .you travel around the country / world kicking a football. If say Aberdeen offer him 4 grand a week do you think he would knock it back ? Because he wants a move too England  .highly unlikely. 

45 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Agree, any player leaving for less than a million I'm not in any way bothered about and would rather they stayed put.  Realistically, what is it we are going to do with a one off 250,000 which we likely don't even get in one payment?  

Absolutely - football is about watching good players playing for your team. I would love it if he is still here next season - I’m hugely confident we will be worse off with the 200 grand and without him as a team. 

Ultimately when he goes it’s a good bit of business, but you don’t get to see guys if his quality playing for us too often. 

You definitely want the best players to stay. So just on purely footballing terms you want Dipo here. But I think Ayr are marketing themselves to obscure players as a kinda shop window for career progression. At least that's how i'd be trying to entice players...."We signed such and such and got him a big move. We can do that for you".

But aye, I'd love him to stay and keep singlehandedly scudding the opposition. He's my favourite player at Ayr since Hurst. The quality is reeking out the guy. That said, whilst we're not under any obligation to sell him,  selling him gives us that example to point to when we're trying to bring in another hidden gem. 

7 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Possibly because the team exceeded all expectations in finishing 2nd in the league but not only that but the fact we have a player who will likely command a fee of £200k+ should we decide to sell him.

It was factually an excellent season whether people are willing to accept this or not.

Thankfully the people who really matter can see this.....

Aw, right, I see.

Who is it that matters, and who doesn't, out of interest?

20 hours ago, Iain said:

They did say that surveys revealed unforeseen issues, so maybe there are stability problems that necessitate a piece by piece approach. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Aye, that and they are maybe trying to recycle as much as possible. Which necessitates a slower destruct tbf. The steel can be re-used, I hadn't even appreciated the hospitality had a steel frame! I don't think it was the glorified portakabin, despite looking like one.

Edited by Trogdor

24 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, that and they are maybe trying to recycle as much as possible. Which necessitates a slower destruct tbf. The steel can be re-used, I hadn't even appreciated the hospitality had a steel frame! I don't think it was the glorified portakabin, despite looking like one.

You are 100% correct , most of the time taken is separating all the different materials as it is taken down rather than knocking it all down then trying to separate , metal , wood, plastics and rubble ready for collection