The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 hours ago, AyrExile said:

Do the really good players not get bought along the way by bigger teams thus reducing the chances of some breaking through? 

Errr. Can you sell academy players?

14 hours ago, ComradeDiego said:

Why tweet all this cryptic pish then?

Why does anyone tweet anything? People on a message board throwing beer cans at their laptops and kicking their dugs because someone tweeted that they weren't at a sports day is proper weirdo territory. I'm not even going to dare looking at the sort of dangers that will be in his replies.

12 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Was thinking about potential Dipo replacements and Declan McManus popped into my head who's down at The New Saints in Wales

Didn't realise he's scored 53 goals in 53 appearances and 29 goals in 25 games last season holy f**k....

The Welsh Premier League is a one horse race. If you want a bit of glory and guaranteed European football every season without having to play against anyone good the you'd be silly to turn it down.

47 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Errr. Can you sell academy players?

Why does anyone tweet anything? People on a message board throwing beer cans at their laptops and kicking their dugs because someone tweeted that they weren't at a sports day is proper weirdo territory. I'm not even going to dare looking at the sort of dangers that will be in his replies.

The Welsh Premier League is a one horse race. If you want a bit of glory and guaranteed European football every season without having to play against anyone good the you'd be silly to turn it down.

No you can't sell academy players 

28 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

No you can't sell academy players 

But there is training compensation and then further training compensation which is basically the same as a sell on clause.  

Why do we need to go down the English market all the time surly there other lgs thay should be looking at Scandinavian dutch us Canadian no just looking at the same players model who have had loads of clubs. 1 season wonders then moved on.

23 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

But there is training compensation and then further training compensation which is basically the same as a sell on clause.  

And you'd think that if any of that had applied to any AUFA of late then someone would have picked up on it, if not the club's media team.

18 hours ago, WATTOO said:

It's your rosie outlook that always cheers me up when feeling down........

To know the highest peaks, you must first walk the darkest valleys.

Not for me a strict diet of banal acceptance and denial.  

I want to live WATOO! 

I  want to live!

52 minutes ago, Aliayr76 said:

Why do we need to go down the English market all the time surly there other lgs thay should be looking at Scandinavian dutch us Canadian no just looking at the same players model who have had loads of clubs. 1 season wonders then moved on.

Brexit.

53 minutes ago, Aliayr76 said:

I’d imagine work permits will come into it. Look at the hassle we went through with Bangala. 

55 minutes ago, Thumper said:

And you'd think that if any of that had applied to any AUFA of late then someone would have picked up on it, if not the club's media team.

Perhaps Ben Doak fell into this category. His journey may show the trading that goes on between clubs. Vast majority won't be as good as him though. Certainly in the past i've heard of a Prem league team paying 7k etc for someone in the early age groups.. Probably quite a few over the years moved to bigger academies. Smaller clubs might even get some of the guys back down the line via loans which seem more popular these days 

Edited by AyrExile

3 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Perhaps Ben Doak fell into this category. His journey may show the trading that goes on between clubs. Vast majority won't be as good as him though. Certainly in the past i've heard of a Prem league team paying 7k etc for someone in the early age groups.. Probably quite a few over the years moved to bigger academies. Smaller clubs might even get some of the guys back down the line via loans which seem more popular these days 

It happens regularly, I'm sure Rangers actually paid Celtic about £15k for McAdams.

We're making a bit of an arse of this transfer window, similarly to what we done in January. It doesn't seem like the club has any sort of recruitment plan. Brian Graham and Billy McKay were always highly unlikely to sign so it seems like we're just throwing stuff at the wall and hoping something sticks. 

Just now, WATTOO said:

It happens regularly, I'm sure Rangers actually paid Celtic about £15k for McAdams.

Rangers lost one last week they took from Partick. Celtic have lost a few to Germany.  It seems quite normal these days 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

We're making a bit of an arse of this transfer window, similarly to what we done in January. It doesn't seem like the club has any sort of recruitment plan. Brian Graham and Billy McKay were always highly unlikely to sign so it seems like we're just throwing stuff at the wall and hoping something sticks. 

Aye I think it’s was overly ambitious of the club to be looking at those two but I’m certain our shortlist is made up of more than that. McKay would’ve been a great signing but I think we would’ve had to alter our approach to get the best out of him. Shelling long balls would’ve been a waste of his time.