The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Strapp leaving Morton and signing for us would have been the equivalent of Alan Forrest leaving us and signing for Morton instead of Livingston.

I don't think Liam Smith would move back either, despite being in a relegated team last season.

The fullback situation is really worrying.

6 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I don't think Liam Smith would move back either, despite being in a relegated team last season.

The fullback situation is really worrying.

I'd think with Liam being released by the relegated team in the Premier that his level is maybe seen as Championship, if that's the case and he can't find a gig at a St Johnstone / Motherwell etc, then we'd surely have a chance of landing him if offering him decent money (for this level) ?

We know what we'd be getting, He's solid, he's reliable, he's a consistent 7.5 out of 10 performer almost every week and he knows the club, so for me I'd be willing to pay him decent money (within reason) just to ensure we'd have a realistic chance of getting him back.

I'd rather have McAllister at right back than Reading at left back. If we start the season with Reading at left back, I genuinely fear the worst. It will be a long hard season.

I can't see Bullen playing Ecrepont, the time to do it was last season and he farmed him out on loan instead. That speaks volumes. 

Strapp & Smith might well be pie in the sky but we do need 2 additions (left & right back).

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'd rather have McAllister at right back than Reading at left back. If we start the season with Reading at left back, I genuinely fear the worst. It will be a long hard season.

I can't see Bullen playing Ecrepont, the time to do it was last season and he farmed him out on loan instead. That speaks volumes. 

Strapp & Smith might well be pie in the sky but we do need 2 additions (left & right back).

Finn went out on loan the week before paddy got injured .

Just now, 1nickydevlin said:

Is the Zambian guy charles coming over for a game did the go fund me raise enough money ? Not heard anything about it in ages .

Can HE play FB ??

29 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I’m at the stage now where I’d sign both and pay them the going rate , we have a bunch of money that we didn’t expect to have this time last year .. 

33 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Is the Zambian guy charles coming over for a game did the go fund me raise enough money ? Not heard anything about it in ages .

Last I heard it’s been postponed till this coming season - think passport / visa issues but not 100% sure

35 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Finn went out on loan the week before paddy got injured.

Yeah, I wasn't even considering Reading's injury. I was talking about his form which has been stinking for the majority of the last two seasons. Bullen did react at one point and put Musonda out left and benched Reading. That made us a bit more assured defensively but I'm sure either Musonda or Kirk got injured so that wasn't an option either. Ecrepont could have been played at left back but got put in at right back with mixed results. Then he was loaned out. To now expect him to be first choice left back in Bullen's eyes is odd as the body of evidence is that Bullen doesn't fancy him there.

I don't really see how either Strapp or Smith is pie in the sky stuff tbh. Liam Smith released by the worst team in the premiership last year so surely it'll be a championship club he signs for. Strapp released by Morton, given he's a proven championship player I could see a Livi or Killie level club take a punt on him however no guarantees. Given he's still a free agent I'd imagine that hasn't happened. 

9 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I'm sure the club will be well aware of the need for another right back.

Chill.

They've had weeks to address it and they haven't so no I won't chill.