The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

We got rinsed 8-0 against Patrick over 2 legs and the majority of players who played thay 2 games are still there.

We needed to sign new players who had been in this lge before all we have signed up to now 2 players from eng and 2 from lower legs.

1 minute ago, Aliayr76 said:

We got rinsed 8-0 against Patrick over 2 legs and the majority of players who played thay 2 games are still there.

We needed to sign new players who had been in this lge before all we have signed up to now 2 players from eng and 2 from lower legs.

Dont forget Jamie Murphy?

4 weeks to go till first league game, lets keep the knicker wetting to a minimum until then

9 minutes ago, diege said:

Dont forget Jamie Murphy?

4 weeks to go till first league game, lets keep the knicker wetting to a minimum until then

Being concerned that we are at least 3 or 4 players short a little over a week before our first competitive game isn't 'Knicker Wetting'. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Being concerned that we are at least 3 or 4 players short a little over a week before our first competitive game isn't 'Knicker Wetting'. 

You're the King of it my man, you and everybody else knows it ;) 

Viaplay Cup games are better than training friendlies, and if we cant compete positively against Stirling Albion, Stenhousemuir or Alloa with the squad we have then yes, I'll be worried

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Seconded 👍

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Same here, especially with where it is, it might annoy me less if it was at the other end but it's just in the middle of two roof bits that are the same 😂

1 hour ago, Sludden123 said:

I agree and the railway end is a mess as well, they should all be the same colour.

Reminds me of the vision night at the hub

DS - Ladies and gentlemen, the new north stand!

The audience -

will it have a big screen?
what you building us next?
I don't think it will handle the wind

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The audience -

I wouldn’t believed it if I hadn’t witnessed it myself . We do have more than our fair share of lost boys !

25 minutes ago, diege said:

You're the King of it my man, you and everybody else knows it ;) 

Viaplay Cup games are better than training friendlies, and if we cant compete positively against Stirling Albion, Stenhousemuir or Alloa with the squad we have then yes, I'll be worried

The current squad we have, minus Dipo,  will struggle against most of those sides.

It isn’t time for panic, but there are definitely worrying signs. Our squad contains players that aren’t even capable of being a back up, while we have several in similar positions not good enough to be starters.  

23 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The current squad we have, minus Dipo,  will struggle against most of those sides.

It isn’t time for panic, but there are definitely worrying signs. Our squad contains players that aren’t even capable of being a back up, while we have several in similar positions not good enough to be starters.  

"We might as well lock up Somerset and be done with it"

33 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Let's just see what happens at tomorrow's game. I'm sure there will be a few unfamiliar faces.

46 minutes ago, railwayend said:

I wouldn’t believed it if I hadn’t witnessed it myself . We do have more than our fair share of lost boys !

Not having a go at the posters making the comments, but it just reminded me of that night.

The reason we didn’t sign Docherty, Turner, Strapp, etc. Why we’ll inevitably lose Dipo is the same reason the family stand roof is a different colour. 

2 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Let's just see what happens at tomorrow's game. I'm sure there will be a few unfamiliar faces.

For whatever reason, Daziel signing a random name from Mulhouse or Pau Fc or Gi Gota was more exciting than Bullen signing a random name from Chipping Sodbury 

4 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I wonder what is next in the chairman's upgrading of somerset Park. Surely the big grey ugly retaining wall on Sr could get a makeover .even a mural would be nice .

That could be easy to do, depends on the vista the residents have. 

The corner where the turnstiles are could be redeveloped, quite a bit of wasted space there and an opportunity to build up the way. 

10 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Did any trialists feature against St. Mirren? Seems to be very little information about the game other than we won 2-1 with Murphy and Pendlebury scoring. No idea how strong the St Mirren team was but do know they played Dumbarton the next before. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Reminds me of the vision night at the hub

The audience -

Electronic scoreboard was my favourite.

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Did any trialists feature against St. Mirren? Seems to be very little information about the game other than we won 2-1 with Murphy and Pendlebury scoring. No idea how strong the St Mirren team was but do know they played Dumbarton the next before. 

I'll take pictures tomorrow and post them on here if I'm unsure who anyone is.