The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

A lot of outspilling of pent up rage over, well, very little if we're all being honest, in fact it verges on hysterical from some.

Who cares about "updates" on a pre-season kick about against basically an amateur side.

Why all the panic over season tickets when the club have already stated the position and we're ages away from our first match.

The "Dipo saga" is quite clearly outwith the clubs control, they have stated their position and it's what ANY well run club would do, so I'm really puzzled on the anger over that one. As it stands Dipo goes if we get an acceptable and fair offer, if we don't, then Dipo stays. Simples....

As for "the full back situation", it's already well publicised that the club are active looking at recruiting at least a RB and love them or loathe them, we have 2 LB's already signed.

Everything might not be "perfect" but honest to God some of you find the most ridiculous things to moan at !!!

I think people would care a lot less if there wasn’t already well established issues with our social media status or media output. It’s also made worse when as you say an “amateur” side has a far better presence on social media than a full time club in the Championship. Whether people want to admit it or not, social media is a huge part of running a business and it’s especially crucial for a football club. 

We’ve kinda dipped in and out of it in recent years and it’s not as bad as the dry spell of the summer of ‘21 but it’s up there. 

Just on season tickets, I’ve got mine no bother but I can understand the frustration of them not being sorted out and it’s pretty irrelevant if we’re ages away from league games when the club have already put on a game that ST holders can access for free and are hosted another event on Friday that is only open to ST holders. 

I’ve been quite vocal about the fact that we won’t be signing a left back and I’ve come to terms with it and so long as we have a capable right back then it doesn’t bother me too much. What bothers me is the fact that in three pre season friendlies Paddy Reading has started all of them and in the two that fans could go to it was clear to see that he’s struggling. Now we have a left back on the bench who we’ve been told for years is very promising, showed that promise in a couple of games last season but it’s looking like he might not get a shot this season. I don’t even care if Ecrepont isn’t up to it, Reading needs taken out the firing line and given a good break from play as he looks like a broken man whenever he’s asked to defend. And it sounds ridiculous saying he needs a rest as we’re just back in pre season but if it was possible I’d be sending him out on loan to get some confidence back. 

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

You think ?? 🤣

No one complained about the highlights when Wuffster did them. They went from basic to HD,  fancy graphics & offside lines, commentary and all sorts, back to basic highlights but they always covered the basics. 

We went from that to SD analysis footage with no zoom where it is almost impossible to make out who players are. 

"Season tickets are not important" definitely a compelling position, because the club actually sustains itself on being told that its farts smell nice and that anyone speaking to the contrary is a hysterical doom merchant who frankly would probably rather the club died.

25 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

A lot of outspilling of pent up rage over, well, very little if we're all being honest, in fact it verges on hysterical from some.

Who cares about "updates" on a pre-season kick about against basically an amateur side.

Why all the panic over season tickets when the club have already stated the position and we're ages away from our first match.

The "Dipo saga" is quite clearly outwith the clubs control, they have stated their position and it's what ANY well run club would do, so I'm really puzzled on the anger over that one. As it stands Dipo goes if we get an acceptable and fair offer, if we don't, then Dipo stays. Simples....

As for "the full back situation", it's already well publicised that the club are active looking at recruiting at least a RB and love them or loathe them, we have 2 LB's already signed.

Everything might not be "perfect" but honest to God some of you find the most ridiculous things to moan at !!!

Is that you Graeme??

PEEPHOLE | Still Game | The Scottish Comedy Channel - YouTube

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

"Season tickets are not important" definitely a compelling position, because the club actually sustains itself on being told that its farts smell nice and that anyone speaking to the contrary is a hysterical doom merchant who frankly would probably rather the club died

No-one has said that. The club has acknowledged the concern and posted an update the other day. I know they are been updated because mine has partially appeared (i.e. I've been able to download a pdf version). We don't need them for a month yet anyway.

3 minutes ago, RedEd said:

No-one has said that. The club has acknowledged the concern and posted an update the other day. I know they are been updated because mine has partially appeared (i.e. I've been able to download a pdf version). We don't need them for a month yet anyway.

All supporters who ordered their Season Tickets through the 'Early Bird' payment plan and have fully paid for their tickets will this week receive an email confirmation that we have received your payment(s). We will be in touch again once your ticket is ready.

This is not acknowledging concerns. This is putting out a long overdue update after several people emailed the club asking what was going on. 

6 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Why has it took several people to complain about it after weeks of silence before they bothered to provide even a pretty vague update? That's treating the fans with utter contempt. 

All these points raised here, I don't think the club sees any issue. Because although we might vent here about them, we are only a tiny minority, and the majority of fans are of the same opinions as Wattoo, so the club thinks all is well and that, and there's nothing that needs to be addressed. There might be a small overlap with some things, like the season ticket early bird thing, but on the whole, all the things we mention here I don't think even register with Mathie etc.

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

All these points raised here, I don't think the club sees any issue. Because although we might vent here about them, we are only a tiny minority, and the majority of fans are of the same opinions as Wattoo, so the club thinks all is well and that, and there's nothing that needs to be addressed. There might be a small overlap with some things, like the season ticket early bird thing, but on the whole, all the things we mention here I don't think even register with Mathie etc.

Smith/Mathie will defo read this thread imo. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Smith/Mathie will defo read this thread imo. 

I am waiting for Smiths "Tam Cowan"* moment. A couple of vino's in to a quiet evening, quick check of P&B and unleashes a few posts that lead to a shitstorm

*see also Restoraroof guy. 

Anyone who thinks social media isn't important should look at the amount of money companies pump into it.  

If there had been a legitimate reason for there being no coverage last night then a simple tweet explaining there would be no coverage would've been better than the radio silence we got. 

The highlights desperately need improving, there is absolutely no excuse for the poor quality that has been offered up.  I don't know if it's pride or a fear of alienating volunteers (who deserve credit for giving up their time, granted) but there is someone who has worked with the club before who was able to consistently produce something of high quality. 

Just going back to my initial point about social media, and the highlights come under that banner.  The importance of regular updates that drive interaction is key. If posts are sporadic, they don't have the same impact on the algorithm and you end up limiting how many users you reach. 

I don't think it's wrong for supporters to question these. things at all.  It's not about creating a pile on or blaming anyone in particular but giving the club the best possible opportunity to be a success 

6 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Didn't look like him?? Unless he's been beefing up considerably at the gym plus he was playing in an attacking area it seemed?

all i remember was Bangala was 29 last season for us but i wasn't there so could be wrong