The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Looks like mainly loans that’ll be coming in . Was the same last year , our last three in were all loans , Chalmers , Mullin and Young . I think Young arrived in September.  I wonder what right backs and right wingers are currently out the plans at their clubs in the Prem (Scottish) . Or what youngsters Glendinning has been watching down south in youth sides . 

The social media last season was much better from what I remember. 

I’m not even sure my complaint this season is social media as such, just a blatant lack of communication from those at the top in general. Nothing from Bullen, nothing from Mathie in months and the other night just compounded that. 

It’ll be interesting if we get a press conference tomorrow night… 

Really interested to see how we get on in the League Cup games. We know how last seasons games went so who knows how they'll be treated internally by the club.

A financially rewarding cup run would be welcome and results in the pre season games, for what they're worth, have been encouraging. Two or three additions still to come in hopefully will set us up on the park for another decent season. I'm hoping for positive progress to be seen in results and performances, if we get that then who knows where it'll take us.

Stirling will provide a decent test at the weekend with them being at home and with momentum as a newly promoted team.

Cmon Ayr.

4 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Really interested to see how we get on in the League Cup games. We know how last seasons games went so who knows how they'll be treated internally by the club.

A financially rewarding cup run would be welcome and results in the pre season games, for what they're worth, have been encouraging. Two or three additions still to come in hopefully will set us up on the park for another decent season. I'm hoping for positive progress to be seen in results and performances, if we get that then who knows where it'll take us.

Stirling will provide a decent test at the weekend with them being at home and with momentum as a newly promoted team.

Cmon Ayr.

Yeah, I don't think the squad itself is too far away from being an ok top 5 squad, rb,lb,rw,st short.  I would really like to see Watret continue on Saturday.

Albinson

Watret  Musonda  McGinty  Reading

Dempsey  Murdoch  Pendlebury

Amartey  McKenzie  Murphy

Subs: Mutch, McAllister, Stanger, Ecrepont, Bangala, Smith, Hewitt, Bryden, Guthrie

No sign of JML in pre season, Ashford I don't think has featured either, Dipo suspended and Reading will never be dropped so I think that will be the team, although McAllister probably starts.

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

No sign of JML in pre season, Ashford I don't think has featured either, Dipo suspended and Reading will never be dropped so I think that will be the team, although McAllister probably start

I have a feeling Stanger may start beside big Sean .

14 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Yeah, I don't think the squad itself is too far away from being an ok top 5 squad, rb,lb,rw,st short.  I would really like to see Watret continue on Saturday.

Albinson

Subs: Mutch, McAllister, Stanger, Ecrepont, Bangala, Smith, Hewitt, Bryden, Guthrie

No sign of JML in pre season, Ashford I don't think has featured either, Dipo suspended and Reading will never be dropped so I think that will be the team, although McAllister probably starts.

That starting eleven and bench isn't the worst for where we are currently and with the window still open.

33 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Albinson

That’s nearly half a team short - I would add an attacking/creative CM to that too. Obviously shows how vital the recruitment coming up is going to be as well as whatever happens with Dipo. 

The main worry in that side is that outside Murphy there is no creativity or goals whatsoever. 

Happy for Watret to continue in there if McAllister can’t play, I don’t think Pendlebury has shown anything so far to be in the side in front of Smith though!

Edited by No_Problemo

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Albinson

I’d start Bryden on Saturday tbh and put Amartey out on the right

Can see him starting Stanger over Musonda

53 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

That’s nearly half a team short - I would add an attacking/creative CM to that too. Obviously shows how vital the recruitment coming up is going to be as well as whatever happens with Dipo. 

The main worry in that side is that outside Murphy there is no creativity or goals whatsoever. 

Happy for Watret to continue in there if McAllister can’t play, I don’t think Pendlebury has shown anything so far to be in the side in front of Smith though!

Murdoch, Dempsey, Pendlebury, Smith, Hewitt, Banagala.  Unless a couple of them leave, we're not signing a new centre mid.

8 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Murdoch, Dempsey, Pendlebury, Smith, Hewitt, Banagala.  Unless a couple of them leave, we're not signing a new centre mid.

Probably not, but outside the shit ones they are all the exact same player. That’s a recruitment issue obviously, but you can’t play three central midfielders and none of them are good creatively IMO. 

7 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

Amartey provided the assist for both goals against East Kilbride..........

Yeah, and that’s positive but it was obviously East Kilbride. 

Ship Bangala and Hewitt out either on loan or permanently and try to bring another midfielder in. Dempsey and Murdoch are known quantities and can be relied upon, this is a big year for Smith but he’s looked quite promising in pre season. I think it’s obvious that he’s also better in a deeper role much like Pendlebury. Might be decent enough but looks the slowest of the bunch. I think we need someone who can carry the ball, make runs into the box and is going to chip in with a few goals besides penalties (sorry Ben). Kerr McInroy is the obvious one but I’ve no idea what the situation is with him and whether or not we’d be able to do a loan deal with Kilmarnock or whether they’d want money for him. 

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Probably not, but outside the shit ones they are all the exact same player. That’s a recruitment issue obviously, but you can’t play three central midfielders and none of them are good creatively IMO. 

Yeah, and that’s positive but it was obviously East Kilbride. 

Yeah, we don't seem to have a midfielder who isn't not similar in playing style to another.  We've stock piled 3/4 midfielders who are all of the same.  He might prove me wrong, but Pendlebury doesn't strike me as the midfield signing we needed.  We've no attacking midfielder who can get in the box and score and no defensive unit who can sit back and anchor while we attack and protect the defence.  Hewitt getting a 2/3 year deal when he did was just ridiculous with Bangala getting a 2 year deal when no one had actually seen him play.

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Yeah, we don't seem to have a midfielder who isn't not similar in playing style to another.  We've stock piled 3/4 midfielders who are all of the same.  He might prove me wrong, but Pendlebury doesn't strike me as the midfield signing we needed.  We've no attacking midfielder who can get in the box and score and no defensive unit who can sit back and anchor while we attack and protect the defence.  Hewitt getting a 2/3 year deal when he did was just ridiculous with Bangala getting a 2 year deal when no one had actually seen him play.

Yeah, it is very early days but Pendlebury seems like a bit of a pointless signing given what else we need - not saying he is a bad player but he just seems well, the same to some extent. We’ll get a proper picture by the end of the LC group though. 

I would be hopeful Hewitt is one we are able to get out on a season long loan, Bangala not so much! 

14 hours ago, GaryMc93 said:

"Social Media manager" last season was that guy Calum that was initially doing the graphics.

In fairness the young girl Karen does do a lot of decent content for the club but that's about it.

What decent content?

A video of a player walking into jewson, looking at crap n walking out again.....