The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Should be a routine enough win today and Tue to paper over the cracks. 

I feel sorry for Ecrepont, numerous managers and none willing to give him a prolonged run in the team. You always want to see a local lad play for the team they've supported. His only loan where he has really stood out was at Stranraer so maybe a move back there would be the best for the him. By all accounts he was one of their best players in the 2nd part of the season. 

I'm not expecting too much from the league cup games. League positions would have us favourites but if the opposition have a settled team or got  their business done already then it might be a tough watch

I’m not one for completely slaughtering “Somerset Boab” but f**k me the constant posting of that Akinyemi video under every single Akinyemi York related post is absolutely mortifying behaviour!

Edited by No_Problemo

3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

If we have gone from breaking even to almost making a 6 figure loss, then that is concerning

That surely has to include a significant amount of the ground work (e.g. the pitch relaying) even if it doesn't technically include the cost of the new stand. Otherwise you're looking at literal stealing from the tin, as there's no possible logistical reason for it.

Which of course was a Lachlan specialty - there was always another floodlight rewiring or another tin of stripey roof paint needed.

22 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m not one for completely slaughtering “Somerset Boab” but f**k me the constant posting of that Akinyemi video under every single Akinyemi York related post is absolutely mortifying behaviour!

Aye it's very pathetic. 

"Here's a song for you boys"

OptimalFarflungHusky-size_restricted.gif

17 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If we were after Jack Bearne then that’s another we have lost out on, to Morton this time…

Kiddieminster?  Way too high north for us 😂

12 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Ally Roy and Calvin Miller out, Scott Boyd and now Jack Bearne in. Hardly stockpiling.

Was more comments from your own fans about making signings in areas you’re strong enough when you don’t have a right back, backup goalie and cover for left back. 

5 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Was more comments from your own fans about making signings in areas you’re strong enough when you don’t have a right back, backup goalie and cover for left back. 

Aye, we hear a lot of noise about budget constraints and tight squad so breeds expectation that we will only plug essential gaps.

Dougie proved last season that he is willing to gamble and hold as long as he can in the hope for the right player in key positions so signing a couple of others never out of the question.

17 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Just checked it’s on live events- just on the off chance you want to watch it 

Don't need that kind of negativity in my life.