The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

That’s the two “easiest” games and Ecrepont hasn’t started either of them. Unless he starts the next two then there’s no future for him at Ayr and I hope he goes on to have a good career and Bullen looks for a left back to come in. 

I have no idea if he’s not doing anything in training or what but I really think he should be getting more of a chance. 

1 minute ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Done more going forward in 3 apps than Reading done all season. I'm sure he also had a good cross into the box on Saturday for mckenzie too finish but he couldn't .

That was Reading. 

Nice of Bullen to rest Ecrepont for the Troon game.

Although honestly it's unsurprising as the one thing Bullen's showed is that he stubbornly likes to be proven right so he's just backing Reading for his own benefit (or not) at this point.

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I agree that Finn should be given  chance but its got to be said that 5 mangers now McCall, Kerr, Hopkins, Duffy and Bullen who have not played him for one reason or another.

I see what your saying. Remember our last lb was  Daniel harvie and  was to good too be dropped and readings 1st year or so  with us was also really good .now Finns 20 and not a wee boy anymore. 

6 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Done more going forward in 3 apps than Reading done all season. I'm sure he also had a good cross into the box on Saturday for mckenzie too finish but he couldn't .

Tonight would have been the ideal time to try Ecrepont. Don't think the defence will be bothered too much but we will be tested trying to put any sort of consistent attack together. Having someone on the overlap might be a good change from the sluggish pass down the middle 

Are people trying to spell Gillette as in the razor brand to talk about Bullens baldy napper? Or is it meant to be Gilet talking about his wee bodywarmer thing? Lol

Not defending Bullen here at all, but if we gave every young player we had a run in the team to decide if they were good or not then we’d never win a game.

He isnt any worse than Reading so should be playing at least one or two of these games imo, but I don’t think he’s Championship level. I’ve seen enough defensively from him to come to that conclusion.

4 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

but I don’t think he’s Championship level. I’ve seen enough defensively from him to come to that conclusion.

This is exactly how I feel about Reading. Yet the manager thinks his level dropped because he didn't have competition! 🤦‍♂️

6 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Not defending Bullen here at all, but if we gave every young player we had a run in the team to decide if they were good or not then we’d never win a game.

He isnt any worse than Reading so should be playing at least one or two of these games imo, but I don’t think he’s Championship level. I’ve seen enough defensively from him to come to that conclusion.

None of the full backs we have are championship level. 

11 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Are people trying to spell Gillette as in the razor brand to talk about Bullens baldy napper? Or is it meant to be Gilet talking about his wee bodywarmer thing? Lol

Ah yes, the Gillette Gilet man.  

ee9be3c584f30e34c739467fa3fa4e0f51-wojak-01.w710.jpg