The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Lee Bullen will continue this trend when he is appointed Brazil manager ahead of the next World Cup. 

Here he is imitating Christ the RedeemerFxIQ5YFWIAkZ4ZL.jpg.93f2e7128bc1ec9e9c9a2230b13bf958.jpg

Edited by AuAl

8 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I don't doubt the guys pedigree or ability but I don't think we need another central midfielder, if that's his preferred position.

No point paying above average money when it can go in other areas that do need upgrading.

He watched Dunfermline's game the other night apparently and I wouldn't have thought relocating to the West Coast would be high on his priorities at this stage of his career either, so I think that's where he'll likely end up.

If Bullen goes with some form of one up front this season, then we very much need a central attacking midfielder. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

If Bullen goes with some form of one up front this season, then we very much need a central attacking midfielder. 

Maybe you're right, but I still don't see the likes of Wotherspoon, at this stage of his career and likely with a young family, relocating.

Our location will have a big impact on signing players who already stay in Scotland. It'll go against us a lot of the time I would think.

They're certainly not all like Ricky Little!

12 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I'd also add that we would need to actually sign a striker who can play up front on his own as well. None of our  current forwards look like they can do that effectively.

29 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

He'll quit when he realises he cannot pick Paddy Reading.

Paddy Readings gran once spent a summer in Rio so I believe he actually qualifies. Patrik Readaldinho. 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

In terms of the 70% - Financial Fair Play is supposedly bringing in a cap whereby player payroll is capped at 70% of turnover.

It's hard to know for our club as we don't publish the detailed data. The top league has clubs running at rates of 80%+ through to mid 60%. There are some exceptions to this but broadly that covers it. Again that is only player payroll (so won't include non-football staff).

Apparently, Dunfermline and Hearts were running at circa 120% - 130% prior to their Administrations

36 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Maybe you're right, but I still don't see the likes of Wotherspoon, at this stage of his career and likely with a young family, relocating.

Our location will have a big impact on signing players who already stay in Scotland. It'll go against us a lot of the time I would think.

They're certainly not all like Ricky Little!

I think you are probably right on that one, I think he is from Perth too so imagine he lives in that area. 

29 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'd also add that we would need to actually sign a striker who can play up front on his own as well. None of our  current forwards look like they can do that effectively.

Yeah, we definitely do. 

33 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, we definitely do. 

I'd be throwing everything at signing Alex jakubiak if I were Bullen. That's on the basis that, in attempting to sign both Graham and McKay, the scouts are completely out of ideas.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Lee Bullen will continue this trend when he is appointed Brazil manager ahead of the next World Cup. 

And they will call him: tolo careca 🤌🏻

2 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Luc sonor from champion LG Monaco to ayrshire cup holders ayr utd .bizarre signing.

The Ayr v Hibs match that season that finished 3-3 had some amount of class on the pitch. I'm not 100% sure if Sonor played in that match for us (or had just left) but Sauzee, Latapy and Lovell were playing for Hibs and Walker, Hurst and Teale for us and it will probably go down as one of the highest quality 2nd tier matches of all time.

My first season going was the year we won the old 2nd Division with the team of Watson, McIntyre, Hughes, Furphy, McAlistair, Evans, Templeton, Scott, Walker, Sludden and Cowell, if you didnt get hooked on Ayr United after that there was no hope for you

I can still remember near full houses for the 2 games vs Dunfermline in the cup, and thinking we had a team of world beaters, Im still of the opinion that we are a bigger team than St Johnstone because of that season, even though we've been below them in the league for every single season since!