The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

33 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

I personally wouldn’t be starting Rose tomorrow no idea on if he’s done any pre season training would have him and McGeady both on the bench and then maybe give them starts Saturday against Alloa 

He did preseason with us for a few weeks at least, so he's not been sitting on his arse at least. I think he only 7-10 days ago

Edited by ATLIS

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

He did preseason with us for a few weeks at least, so he's not been sitting on his arse at least. I think he only 7-10 days ago

I can imagine Martindale and Bullen would be quite similar process wise when it comes to pre season.

18 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Aaaaah F*ck! I just thought in something!

This boy is called Rose 🙄 the pish Somerset Boab ballad incoming! 😒😩

TAKE ME HOME AHKEEM ROSE 

TO THE PLACE I BELONG 

DOWN AT SOMERSET... TO SEE UNITED

TAKE ME HOME AHKEEM ROSE

1 minute ago, Rb123 said:

TAKE ME HOME AHKEEM ROSE 

TO THE PLACE I BELONG 

TAKE ME HOME AHKEEM ROSE

Every team needs a rose

All those goals against our foes

Just like, every Ayr fan, wants to break the Boaby's nose,

Every Team needs a rose🌹

Poison -Every rose has a thorn

Just now, Rb123 said:

TAKE ME HOME AHKEEM ROSE 

TO THE PLACE I BELONG 

TAKE ME HOME AHKEEM ROSE

Perfect - let’s bring that one back!

Anyway, tomorrow night - interested to see Amartey against a better side too - particularly one who should have most of the ball and leave some gaps in behind for his pace to exploit. I would also like to try a more ball playing style centre half partnership - particularly as we are lacking a deep lying playmaker style player. Though I’m hoping Smith might grow into that role. This please:

Albinson

McAllister   Musonda   Stanger  Reading

Smith   Dempsey

Amartey             McGeady        Murphy 

Rose 

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Anyway, tomorrow night - interested to see Amartey against a better side too - particularly one who should have most of the ball and leave some gaps in behind for his pace to exploit.

Aye. Considine will be LCB and hes completely and utterly done in terms of pace. Loses foot races if hes got anything less than a 5 yard head start as he can't get up any speed from a standing start.

We've still not mastered playing out from the back but thats the intention, so be bold and press us and you should get a foot race v Considine at some point.

Think our line up will be...

Mitov

Brown - Gordon - Considine - Gallacher

Wright - McGowan - Ballantyne - Carey

Jephcott - May

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye. Considine will be LCB and hes completely and utterly done in terms of pace. Loses foot races if hes got anything less than a 5 yard head start as he can't get up any speed from a standing start.

We've still not mastered playing out from the back but thats the intention, so be bold and press us and you should get a foot race v Considine at some point.

Mitov

Jephcott - May

Any analysis on our new super star striker?

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Mitov

Jephcott - May

You got any data for Ahkeem Rose mate? Can’t remember if there was enough last season for Dipo given the level he played at. 

3 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Any analysis on our new super star striker?

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You got any data for Ahkeem Rose mate? Can’t remember if there was enough last season for Dipo given the level he played at. 

I don't go into the National League North/South so I'd have to download the data before making one, instead of just typing a name in, and honestly I can't be arsed tonight now.

I'll likely add in the North/South divisons this week though as its definitely becoming a market for Scottish sides now, so should be able to see how Rose compares to Akinyemi from the same division.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't go into the National League North/South so I'd have to download the data before making one, instead of just typing a name in, and honestly I can't be arsed tonight now.

I'll likely add in the North/South divisons this week though as its definitely becoming a market for Scottish sides now, so should be able to see how Rose compares to Akinyemi from the same division.

Would you say buying the package for WyScout is worth it? I’d have absolutely no use for it besides my own curiosity but it’s always intrigued me. 

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Mitov

Jephcott - May

Funnily enough, I had Consdine in my head when typing that! He obviously has a load of experience at a good level, so it’ll be interesting to see Amartey come up against him - he is absolutely flying but seems to be pretty raw. 

Ofher than the obvious i know very little about your side tbh - hopefully we manage to scrape a draw but I imagine it’ll be a home win.