The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I don’t think you can blame Murdoch and Dempsey for not controlling a game, with how direct we were most of the season. They might not be able to do it, but most of the time positionally they were set up to push up and help the team get on to second balls. Dempsey, in particular, did dip in the latter stages of the season though. 

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t think you can blame Murdoch and Dempsey for not controlling a game, with how direct we were most of the season. They might not be able to do it, but most of the time positionally they were set up to push up and help the team get on to second balls. Dempsey, in particular, did dip in the latter stages of the season though. 

For all the negativity around our "style" and "lack of control" once again it would be worth pointing out that it worked in terms of our League finish.

Would Dipo have scored so many had we played through the Midfield ??

We could on the other hand have controlled games, passed the ball about the middle of the park and finished 6th or 7th, which I doubt would have pleased many either.

If we had McInroy last year he'd undoubtedly have been shooting from all over the place which would have stopped the supply to Dipo and potentially scunnered him from making runs although on the flip side he might have scored 9 or 10 goals for us.

I suppose we'll never know on all of the above.

It is what it is, you play to your strengths and it is after all a results driven business and you'll never please everyone but ultimately I think we did ok.