The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

This is the answer I needed. 

I've got access It is good, but ifor our level of signings it's mostly a waste of time.  

I've just been looking at Rose on it there.  Seems he is both a CF and a RW. 

First go at throwing one of these together with what (IMO) is the more relevant info from only league games last season for both.  

Data.PNG

35 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The club have kind of let Moffat drift off in to the distance. You are a long time gone in Football and nostalgia only gets you so far.

I was gutted when Ian McCallister retired because he still looked like he was desperate to play for the club but his body just wouldn’t let him.

Moffat just wasn’t given game time and then put out on loan. It’s a shame because his legacy is kind of allowed to go a bit flat.

I felt like he deserved to play more often over the previous two seasons tbh. It's almost as if he's been shooed out the back door instead of being given the send off he deserved.

He would have still been a good striker partner for Tomi/Dipo IMO.

I might be blinkered though as he is my favourite ever Ayr player.

1 hour ago, mugen_power said:

It's not really retiring a number if it's only for a season though, is it?

We can't exactly name the stand after him for obvious reasons :lol: 

I'd be OK with a statue on the corner of Somerset Road and Tryfield Place, i think that's a reasonable compromise

My preference is a massive mural on the inside end of the family stand depicting the moments after his winner in the playoffs at Brechin

I love Moffat, I occasionally still shout "Get Moffat on!" which was my mantra during the Hopkin & Duffy era. More football brain in his big toe than the rest of that team combined.

His legs had gone a bit by the end but he was some player. The weirdest bit being his transformation, pre-Dunfermline he was a #9 and came back as at #10. The way he could retain and pass the ball in close quarters was fantastic.

I especially loved the season where we had lost Shankland and Moffat was still doing the business. One of his best performances had to be away to Alloa on the day his daughter was born. He had like 4 hours sleep and still managed to score two goals and win a penalty. He is sorely missed and is a real legend!

Remember we still have a testimonial match to celebrate Moffat…

Bullen speaking about McGeady in the press conference was a bit range - initially said it would be a couple of games until McGeady was ready for the starting eleven, but then added or the squad. 

3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I felt like he deserved to play more often over the previous two seasons tbh. It's almost as if he's been shooed out the back door instead of being given the send off he deserved.

He would have still been a good striker partner for Tomi/Dipo IMO.

I might be blinkered though as he is my favourite ever Ayr player.

Might be a mercy that we were spared watching Moffat during the Hopkin reign. Would have been a deeply wounding experience watching Moffat stare into the skies as the 30th long ball of the first half soared over his head straight to the opposing keeper.

15 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

Might be a mercy that we were spared watching Moffat during the Hopkin reign. Would have been a deeply wounding experience watching Moffat stare into the skies as the 30th long ball of the first half soared over his head straight to the opposing keeper.

Looking Up Season 11 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

26 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

You'd need to be a right diddy to think that launching long balls to the Moff would be a good tactic.

So Hopkin would have definitely done it.