The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

NAW Annan need an upgrade, but thank you very much for the offer.

You aren't getting an upgrade on Peter Murphy. A guy who's got your wee village club promoted, appreciate it as he'll move onto bigger and better thing. 

46 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Be careful with the dinner chat or one of our resident miserable c***s will be along to complain.

Back to the football

I’ll now ask a question that no one knows the answer to because I didn’t like scrolling through a page of folk talking about something I’m not interested in. 

27 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

You aren't getting an upgrade on Peter Murphy. A guy who's got your wee village club promoted, appreciate it as he'll move onto bigger and better thing. 

Your funny

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

To be fair. If no one had been paying attention to Ayrs performances last season. They’d see us finishing second and think Bullen must be a hero

A few weeks ago I heard someone who wasn't an Ayr fan raving about the "spectacular job" that Lee Bullen had done at Ayr.

Clearly he hadn't watched us.

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

A few weeks ago I heard someone who wasn't an Ayr fan raving about the "spectacular job" that Lee Bullen had done at Ayr.

Clearly he hadn't watched us.

What makes a "Good Manager" ?

Is it results ? Man management ? style of play ? or a mixture of all of them ? over achieving in terms of budget ? bringing through young players ?

The problem is that we all take something different from what success or relative success looks like.

I think Bullen has done pretty well given our 2nd place finish, signings made, chances for young players and togetherness of the squad.

It may not all be down to him and the style of Football has also left much to be desired at times, but up until now I think most would need to concede that his stewardship while at the club has been relatively successful, although far from perfect.

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

What makes a "Good Manager" ?

Is it results ? Man management ? style of play ? or a mixture of all of them ? over achieving in terms of budget ? bringing through young players ?

The problem is that we all take something different from what success or relative success looks like.

I think Bullen has done pretty well given our 2nd place finish, signings made, chances for young players and togetherness of the squad.

It may not all be down to him and the style of Football has also left much to be desired at times, but up until now I think most would need to concede that his stewardship while at the club has been relatively successful, although far from perfect.

He has his flaws but in general he's been good. "Spectacular" is pushing it a bit though.

15 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

He has his flaws but in general he's been good. "Spectacular" is pushing it a bit though.

Doesn’t look it from the outside perspective taking us from 3rd bottom to second in one season is spectacular. However our style of play at times has been turgid but if your not watching it every week you wouldn’t know that 

Reckon we need to look at what's changed in the last couple of seasons and ask ourselves "are we moving forward (or stagnating at a level that suits some)?". For me, we're moving in the right direction for sure. Yes, some performances have been less than good, the two play off games spring to mind even if there were some mitigating circumstances. But finishing second was a great result imv.

I'm an optimist and, given a fair wind and some deserved backing, I think we'll be okay. Not world-beaters (ha ha) but doing the right things from where I sit. I love to see academy players coming through and the latest batch of signings seem like a step beyond where we were this time last year. Dipo is the exception of course and I wish him well but the money we got for him will be crucial I feel. The stadium improvements (car park, the hub, pitch and my home on the North Terracing) all point toward a club that isn't standing still and working hard at getting the support onside. I'd love to see more backing from the locals instead of those who succumb to becoming knuckle-draggers supporting the Glaswegian sisters - maybe that's too much for some but I live in eternal hope.