The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Livi away. Pish that.

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

Away to Livingston- tough game but not unbeatable 

I suppose that now that Alloa are no longer remotely threatening it's time to upgrade to better clubs with pish grounds but good shopping.

Edited by Thumper

2 minutes ago, Bowl-of-chilli said:

Yep. Not only very very difficult, but not even an exciting tie or one with financial benefit. 

Shite draw indeed.

Definitely not very, very difficult. They struggled to beat a diabolical Clyde team yesterday and were beaten off Hamilton on penalties. If their jakey manager is to be believed then they are skinto.

4 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Definitely not very, very difficult. They struggled to beat a diabolical Clyde team yesterday and were beaten off Hamilton on penalties. If their jakey manager is to be believed then they are skinto.

The group round is very easy not to take seriously (see United, Ayr, 2022-23). Once you realise you're two games from Hampden things change.

They definitely deserve a doing after the Mullin carry on, and as you say it appears that the regular brown envelopes from West Lothian Council seem to have started going astray, but an away tie to a team you've played regularly in a fucking shopping mall whose name changes every other week does not scream glamour.

Edited by Thumper

20 minutes ago, Thumper said:

The group round is very easy not to take seriously (see United, Ayr, 2022-23). Once you realise you're two games from Hampden things change.

They definitely deserve a doing after the Mullin carry on, and as you say it appears that the regular brown envelopes from West Lothian Council seem to have started going astray, but an away tie to a team you've played regularly in a fucking shopping mall whose name changes every other week does not scream glamour.

That was just our standard cup from last season I think because we certainly kept it up in the big cup.

Absolutely no excitement about this tie especially considering what happened last time we went there in this round, but the list of unseeded teams was really boring if you take out Killie. Hard not to feel optimistic about it though. 

2 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

That was just our standard cup from last season I think because we certainly kept it up in the big cup.

Ehhhh the league cup has been pretty great pickings over the last fifteen years. The big cup last season was a case of being handed the easiest tie in the draw every round and still managing to f**k it.

4 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

the list of unseeded teams was really boring if you take out Killie.

Smurn, Partick and County would have been objectively worse in every way, Morten and Raith would have been winnable but as glamourous as a kick in the shins. Motherwell would have at least been slightly novel. So I suppose you're right there. Plus, as already mentioned, the shopping.

11 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Who goes shopping before a match?????

It's not so much before, it's after. With a 3pm kickoff it's not quite as crucial but ready access to a KFC and a proper non-stabby off license is high on my list of ground requirements.

[edit] obviously there is the possibility that my meaning was misconstrued. "Shopping" here means a big Tesco and decent fast food as opposed to Louis Vuitton. Even this is a huge ask for most grounds, and I include Somerset there.

Edited by Thumper

27 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Ehhhh the league cup has been pretty great pickings over the last fifteen years. The big cup last season was a case of being handed the easiest tie in the draw every round and still managing to f**k it.

I was limiting my description of our cup form to just last season as it was pretty horrendous in all 3 cups. You’re right we’ve had some great moments in this tournament over the years.