The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Wonder what happened to the Ben Summers chat, pretty sure i read somewhere a while back we were after him?

Might have been Celtic B captain Kenzie Carse, rather than Summers. I'm sure if we were actually interested we could use the McGeady / O'Dea connection.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

That's three hundred thousand pounds. Unless you think the difference in the wage bill between last season and this one was three hundred thousand pounds, or that gates somehow fell between a season where Ayr were fighting relegation from the beginning to one where they nearly got promoted, it's difficult to account for this unless you assume that the answer given at the Q&A reflected something other than an up-to-date snapshot of the club's finances.

There is a new pitch installed that cost quite a bit of money

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Why does it have to be a 6 figure move?

Going by your interpretation of his CV do you think he's not very good?

He moved to Tranmere where former manager Micky Mellon was manager and didn’t make an impact.

There were suggestions that Dundee United were hoping to sell him to a club down south to make some money off him rather than sending him out on loan.

Id suggest that there wouldn’t be many clubs going to spend any real money on him based on the fact he’s 23 and has played an entire season worth of games between two clubs in the Scottish Championship.

Is signing him wouldn’t be a punt, we know what he can do in the Championship. It would be a punt for any English clubs

Doesn't sound like Fletcher will be going to any club in the championship 

"I've had offers. I want something that gives me that wee buzz. When I do something I'm 100 per cent and I feel like if I just settle for something it wouldn't be fair to me and it wouldn't be fair to the club I go to.

There was just a lot of factors for me not to stay. The Championship wasn't a massive factor, I'd have went and played there but only for them (Dundee United.)

"It was just a lot of things - two hours up the road and two hours back. I came up here for the family.

"And I've never stayed that far away from my club before."