The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Because he was never going to be good enough to play for Brentford, he was brought in to help out the B team, be an experienced head and help the younger ones develop. 

https://www.brentfordfc.com/en/news/article/brentford-b-team-roy-syla-making-every-minute-count

Interview with him above, fwiw he played in this game - https://www.brentfordfc.com/en/news/article/brentford-b-team-3-manchester-city-eds-2-match-report

And looked very decent. Morton took a B player on loan a few seasons back and he done well enough (Okansan), he was more highly rated, however the B team is better now that it was then. I think he'll be ok.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, just said similar about the older head thing - but why would you possibly want to do that at his age when you should be out developing. 

We need far better than okay, I’ll be surprised if he is what we need but will find out soon enough!

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Thank God some of you had no input into us signing Shankland or Moffat first time around.

Junior dross and failed lower end Championship journeyman ??

Not really the same though is it - there isn’t anything wrong with having reservations based on what you can see about him - particularly given what we need in the middle of the park. 

I'm hoping some help/input from Ayr fans. 

I'm currently working on the programme for Stuart Bannigan's testimonial and I want to include an article on his season (full?) at Ayr especially as it was a promotion winning one for Ayr

Any recollections from his time at Somerset? Photos? 

One last question, who was the Ayr manager that season? 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

3 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

I'm hoping some help/input from Ayr fans. 

I'm currently working on the programme for Stuart Bannigan's testimonial and I want to include an article on his season (full?) at Ayr especially as it was a promotion winning one for Ayr

Any recollections from his time at Somerset? Photos? 

One last question, who was the Ayr manager that season? 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Brian Reid was the manager m8.

ETA - From memory he was decent. Scored a few goals IIRC.

Edited by Richey Edwards

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, just said similar about the older head thing - but why would you possibly want to do that at his age when you should be out developing. 

We need far better than okay, I’ll be surprised if he is what we need but will find out soon enough!

He'd been released by Barnet? Brentford gave him the chance to develop and learn under Premiership player and coaches. The improvement in him was pretty vast, he looked shit when he first joined, however by the time he left he looked an accomplished player. 

Two starting CM's out injured long term.28BC611B-BB4C-49AE-BF66-C7B9DB7F86C4.gif.9cb584b74097188784bc6e9d654d74db.gif.83260d6498f251601fd4a613422852bd.gif

One of our remaining CM's who signed only 2 months ago possibly leaving.

D4C5DCA2-0033-4666-A6D5-1500E84093EA.gif.2f18a21917d407de6324d043245aaacc.gif.a94bec2eac2b3ac58ae74222a958617c.gif

Unknown youngish players from English Premier League clubs in to replace them. 

larrymeh.gif.cad07efcfc7c9fe2e6a618978690b48d.gif.d9832019c0ee23ba5e89dbdcddb3ec96.gif.9f3102aa24cc5293d7dfe4050d40162b.gif

Arbroath away on Saturday?200-2.gif.b3ebee89297f2c2f49b1351e6d602178.gif

Edited by AuAl

Just now, HoBNob said:

He'd been released by Barnet? Brentford gave him the chance to develop and learn under Premiership player and coaches. The improvement in him was pretty vast, he looked shit when he first joined, however by the time he left he looked an accomplished player. 

Yeah, fair enough initially but to go back to Brentford last season at the age of 22 and play against kids instead of going out and trying to get your career started is pretty odd. 

Bearing in mind Ayr need someone capable of going straight into the starting side and dictating games I’m not sure I’m too hopeful but as always he will get a chance. 

24 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Trying to look a bit more into Syla, and it seems like he was brought back to Brentford last season as a sort of older head for the younger guys in the 23’s. 

That is very strange - why would he want to do that at his age, unless there was absolutely no interest in him. 

So yeah - even more concerned with this one. 

Probably get better momey but I’ll admit it’s a bit unambitious if he had offers for first team football. 

Even in terms of loan moves it doesn’t look great. It’s generally up to the player whether they want to accept a loan move or stay at the club. If he’s knocked offers back to still with youth/reserve football then it’s a bit worrying. 

13 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

So quite succinct early morning post tomorrow morning about Pendlebury release then? Then never to be spoken of again. 

To be announced as a footnote on the team announcement before Saturdays game or maybe even a line drop by Bullen in his pre match presser.