The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

29 minutes ago, United1973 said:

Shhhhhh for some he brings something  to the team 

He absolutely does as a second striker in a 442, but it's a very specific role that isn't even part of our tactics now.  

Ok, we need to play those new players to see how they get on in a 'competitive' game. To be honest most (not me) see this as an irritation of a competition. However, we need the new players to get a competitive 90 minutes in, to try to get them up to speed. Lose this and we are in real trouble, win and it may be possible to get a point or two in the next few weeks. I'm not optimistic! 

9 minutes ago, Ayrfix said:

Ok, we need to play those new players to see how they get on in a 'competitive' game. To be honest most (not me) see this as an irritation of a competition. However, we need the new players to get a competitive 90 minutes in, to try to get them up to speed. Lose this and we are in real trouble, win and it may be possible to get a point or two in the next few weeks. I'm not optimistic! 

Winning the Challenge Cup qualifies you for the UEFA Conference League as of this season.

I suppose you can look at this two ways - Bullen is under pressure so he’ll play a strong team or he is under pressure so he will play a team of kids/reserves and remove the pressure on the game completely as it then just becomes a reserve game to get people experience and minutes. 

19 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I suppose you can look at this two ways - Bullen is under pressure so he’ll play a strong team or he is under pressure so he will play a team of kids/reserves and remove the pressure on the game completely as it then just becomes a reserve game to get people experience and minutes. 

Either way we lose IMO tomorrow.  The teams full of inexperience, no real style of play and a severe lack of goals and a leaky defence.  A bad defeat could end his reign either him jumping or being pushed.  Either way, he will be gone before Christmas.  It's not an if now, it's when.

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Either way we lose IMO tomorrow.  The teams full of inexperience, no real style of play and a severe lack of goals and a leaky defence.  A bad defeat could end his reign either him jumping or being pushed.  Either way, he will be gone before Christmas.  It's not an if now, it's when.

It depends the side Falkirk put out too, but given they don’t have a game at the weekend I would be surprised if it wasn’t relatively strong - they are going to rip us to shreds out wide though. 

I think he will be too, if they get him a couple of decent signings he might cling on but I can’t see him getting that. Definitely got a horrible feeling that we are going to experience some dejavu against Partick. 

42 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

He as good as said in his interview last week that Ahui and Ecrepont would start as part of a rotated side.

I think he has to stick to that. If he does a 180 and plays his first 11 it’s a sure sign that he’s feeling the pressure.

6 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

He as good as said in his interview last week that Ahui and Ecrepont would start as part of a rotated side.

I think he has to stick to that. If he does a 180 and plays his first 11 it’s a sure sign that he’s feeling the pressure.

Yeah, but I guess the likes of Ahui and Ecrepont really do have to be spectacularly terrible to weaken us. 

Due to the piss poor start to the league Bullen has backed himself into a corner with regards to tomorrows game. Had we had a decent start fans would have accepted a defeat it it meant giving some of our fringe players game time however given our recent results fans are just waiting to jump on him and a loss to a lower league team and in some fans mind his position will be untenable- I'm personally already at that stage.

I don't see a world in where Bullen recovers this and the sooner it's over the better. 

12 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Can any of you guys tell me if a cash gate will be available for away fans tomorrow?

BTW, we'll be playing a mixture of laddies and reserves by the looks of things so you shouldn't have too much trouble. 

We have a ticket office but i don't know if it takes cash or not?

We'll probably still lose and actually some of our support are probably actually secretly hoping we do lose tomorrow night so we're closer to Bullen being binned