The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

McAllister

Musonda

McKenzie

Reading

Can't wait to see these guys move on in the summer. We are stuck with big Sean until 2025 but he'll be really good in League 1. 

Transfermarkt has McKenzie’s deal ending in 2024 - which I’m fine with tbh, he has a role to play as a squad player but he is another who gets shit for the utter failure in our recruitment process which means he is still largely a first choice. 

I was going to say similar with McAllister, but you don’t want to block the pathway for Watret who could potentially be our back up RB next season. 

34 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Transfermarkt has McKenzie’s deal ending in 2024 - which I’m fine with tbh, he has a role to play as a squad player but he is another who gets shit for the utter failure in our recruitment process which means he is still largely a first choice. 

I was going to say similar with McAllister, but you don’t want to block the pathway for Watret who could potentially be our back up RB next season. 

We could potentially end up with him as first choice right back before the season is up. 

what’s happened to Tomlinson? Don’t think he was on the bench yesterday. He and watret are really are great prospects 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Screenshot_2023-11-12-22-05-20-70_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

10 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Tbf after he scored that very lucrative goal against ICT in the last league game of last season he'd earnt that contract imo.

McKenzie has the same problem Ashford had. Does a load of running with no end product.

It's sort of an ongoing theme recently as JML, Ashford, Salkeld, McKenzie, Zannata etc, Ran about a lot but you certainly wouldn't want to rely on them as a striker.

McKenzie came from the youth club though, so a small part of me wishes he would do well at times.

Edited by Roxanne's man
Said sibbald, not Salkeld. Oaft! I'm a dreamer

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It was in the end, I suppose...

Playing Salkeld in that position was maybe how Ayr lost 3-0 to QoS for him to lose his hair/job. 🫤 Duffy was mince, though we're not much better now under Bullen (with the Anomaly signing of Akinyemi, who single handedly trailed the team to second place last season)

9 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Playing Salkeld in that position was maybe how Ayr lost 3-0 to QoS for him to lose his hair/job. 🫤 Duffy was mince, though we're not much better now under Bullen (with the Anomaly signing of Akinyemi, who single handedly trailed the team to second place last season)

Akinyemi's form tailed off from January. I really can't agree that he took us to second place single handedly. Then he more or less sat out the play-offs.

52 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

McKenzie has the same problem Ashford had. Does a load of running with no end product.

It's sort of an ongoing theme recently as JML, Ashford, Salkeld, McKenzie, Zannata etc, Ran about a lot but you certainly wouldn't want to rely on them as a striker.

McKenzie came from the youth club though, so a small part of me wishes he would do well at times.

Generous assessment of Zanatta there!

1 hour ago, Caledonian said:

Akinyemi's form tailed off from January. I really can't agree that he took us to second place single handedly. Then he more or less sat out the play-offs.

Where would Ayr have been without him, was what I was trying to get at. Bullen fluked by getting him.

9 hours ago, Caledonian said:

Akinyemi got treble-marked from the middle of October onwards. If he'd been hit by a bus at that point then Ayr would have finished sixth.

20 hours ago, Andy_AUFC said:

Persisting with Reading, McGinty and McCallister, 3 out of the 4 primarily starters in defence last year was not a smart move.

Careful! Remember that Sean The Almighty had a spell of around 13 months where he wasn't an obvious liability shipping two goals a game! This means he can never ever be criticised again.

12 hours ago, Shibuya said:

McAllister

Musonda

McKenzie

Reading

Can't wait to see these guys move on in the summer. We are stuck with big Sean until 2025 but he'll be really good in League 1. 

I like Musonda tbh, but it’s incredibly frustrating that he’s never fit.

He’s not been called up for Zambia in the upcoming WC qualifiers but am assuming that’s due to injury?

The scenes when he’s no selected for the AFCON and these shirts have been released 😂