The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I kind of wish the Arbroath game was on Tuesday rather than a week on Tuesday. Folk may well still be angry on Tuesday 

Kelty won’t be on the season ticket and we’ll no doubt go in to it without the loan players, Bullen will play fringe players like he always does in the cups and we won’t have any new players in to bump the crowd. 

I doubt if the crowd will break 1000

Free tickets for schools and a deal for youngsters sports teams will bump the attendance figure up. They're business smart 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

The weird thing is with Bullen. I don't hate him.

I have a visceral hatred for Hopkin and Roberts.

With Bullen, I think he's a good guy, talks a good game, he has embraced the club and the town but he's hopeless at his job. 

I can even forgive Mathie and Smith for being ponderous to sack him for that very reason. However, we're long past the grace period for Bullen being a good guy.

Completely agree with this 

He should have walked after the playoff.

3 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

No chance I'd be turning up at Somerset, other than to dish out severe abuse.

I seem to remember when we played Unirea Urziceni in a preseason friendly some fella stormed in, chucked his season book on the park, went ballistic at the dugout then left?

Have I dreamt that?

12 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

With Bullen, I think he's a good guy, talks a good game, he has embraced the club and the town but he's hopeless at his job. 

I can even forgive Mathie and Smith for being ponderous to sack him for that very reason. However, we're long past the grace period for Bullen being a good guy.

Lmao run harder mate. 

Edited by itzdrk

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I hated Hopkin, I don’t hate Bullen. Roberts was hopeless and wouldn’t quit, even after the owner came out and basically said he would if he could. 
Bullen is part of a project that Mathie has bought in to. Queens Park have done similar and they appear to be ripping it up now. 
It all comes down to how much patience Smith has as a fan or putting money in to it. Or if Mathie is willing to do a 180 and admit he has wasted two years on it and money on some of the most forgettable players ever to play for the club in the full or part time era. 

44 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

1) Raging

2) Couldn’t give a f**k aside from the wasted wage.

I mean I’m not bothered either, but I would far rather he was playing than Rose. 

The general point was just around the lack of communication, and the fan base being treated as an irrelevance. 

18 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Free tickets for schools and a deal for youngsters sports teams will bump the attendance figure up. They're business smart 

That initiave is the only stuff mathie is any sort of us at.

When it comes to football side of things he doesn't have a clue

"A lot more solid defensively, which we have not been, which is great - to get a clean sheet. Fourteen shots and two on target probably sums it up - when you are down there, these chances they come along and the breaks don't go your way.

"We battled, we did the dirty side of the game really well. It was a war of attrition at times, but I felt we did enough to win the game. I'm confident it will turn and we are capable of climbing the table."

2 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

"A lot more solid defensively, which we have not been, which is great - to get a clean sheet. Fourteen shots and two on target probably sums it up - when you are down there, these chances they come along and the breaks don't go your way.

"We battled, we did the dirty side of the game really well. It was a war of attrition at times, but I felt we did enough to win the game. I'm confident it will turn and we are capable of climbing the table."

Utter delusion. We are absolutely atrocious. I just can’t believe he’s not gone. Smith and Mathie living in a different universe.