The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Never worked out for Bullen, We didn't get better when he took over, he made weird changes and dropped players, then stuck with it for weeks until he eventually changed it and in the end, those changes kept up us, we could have been a lot safer. 
Up until half time in the Queens Park game, He'd be lucky to see out September, Up stepped Dipo and we went on a run that looked at one point we could win the league but it turns out it was building us enough grace to keep him in a job to the summer.
Honking since the clocks went back and he struggled yo make anything work after that. The Kilmarnock game at home and the two play-off games were bad enough performances to get him sacked on their own. The Falkirk cup game was an example of how we were during his time, Defensive errors, created nothing and fell apart. 
This season has been abysmal, The injuries didn't help but Murdoch and Dempsey don't work as a pairing anyway. we haven't improved at all and may even be getting worse. 

I feel sorry for him in as much that he seemed to be really trying, he left a job for life and came up here to shoot his shot, he's not a manager on the merry-go-round who will be back in the radio studio within a week and I hope he gets something fixed up quickly. A bit like Mark Kerr, he just wasn't up to it at Ayr. 

He's had more support and time that any Ayr manager since Daziel and he just wasn't making any headway at all, with an almost fully fit team.  

I would like a strong manager that is going to push back on a lot of the weird shit that is happening at the club. 

The club is like a closed shop now, they do events with the players but the engagement in general is pretty dreadful. 

Billy Dodds, John Hughes are a no. John Robertson, maybe. 

Ideally someone who has managed in Scotland before. 

Looking at league 1, Darren Young and Peter Murphy have maybe been part time for too long. McGlynn is a mediocre Championship manager, League 2 has Naismith, who has failed here before, a couple of times and Ian McCall who has started a project at Clyde. 

Quick fix, Robertson or McCall, I think both would get us stabilised and have us an above average Championship team within the year.  

Wouldn't be surprised if Ian McCall got the gig again,   would imagine he would have a clause in his Clyde contract for a full time club etc,   not to mention Mark Kerr has just been appointed 1st team coach at Clyde also,   McCall it is guys written in the stars..

McCall coming back depends entirely on Mathie and Smith. Will they even have the foresight to ask the question to a guy who’s only in the door at Clyde? I’m not sure. 

I would be shocked if Ian McCall wasn’t keeping an eye on what’s going on the club and thinking this is a chance to get back to where he wants to be. 

He would undoubtedly split the support but I don’t think he’d care. So long as everyone realised it’s the McCall show and he’s the main character it would work well for a spell but I think in terms of his experience and personality, it is exactly what the club needs right now. 

14 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I would like a strong manager that is going to push back on a lot of the weird shit that is happening at the club. 

The club is like a closed shop now, they do events with the players but the engagement in general is pretty dreadful. 

image.thumb.png.ebd29179949cc6353be813b4cf900370.png

The only option.

As much as I'd love to see McCall back behind the reigns at Somerset, I think he'd rather take up the challenge of bringing Clyde up through the leagues to meet Ayr over a few seasons.

I just hope to god that we don't get another player manager 😒. We have been saying about Mcgeady but I hope to f*ck that's not true.

Would also say no to any OF has been, aka Neil Lennon, Scott Brown, Kenny Miller, Billy Dodds etc.

It's really a wait and see now 😒

Still think Sandy Stewart would have done the job after McCall left.

Worked out his PPG 

Games: 73

PPG: 1.36 

Season by season and an overall without Dipo in the spoiler. 

Spoiler

2021/22

Games: 17

PPG: 1.23 (season = 44)

2022/23 

Games: 36

PPG: 1.61 (58)

2023/24 

Games: 20

PPG: 1 (36)

Without Dipo

Games 37

Points 41

PPG 1.11 (40)

No doubt I'll have fucked up my sums somewhere 🙃

I would be absolutely astonished if McCall came back. I would however be much happier with that than with any of the motley collection of ****, racists and persons with an IQ of 55 thus far bandied about.

Suspect it'll be White until the end of the season. Either that or the club really has been secretly sorting things in the background, which would go a bit of a way to explaining the seeming complete inaction going on backstage for the last several months.

As for Bullen: it's a pity but he just wasn't good enough. Couldn't see things to the end with a very strong squad last season and regressed to the pish that's marked the whole post-McCall era as soon as Akinyemi left. He's a personable guy who's a great speaker if nothing else - could end up in punditry, where at least he'd be demonstrably better than Hopkin and Duffy.

6 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I would be shocked if Ian McCall wasn’t keeping an eye on what’s going on the club and thinking this is a chance to get back to where he wants to be. 

We're pretty happy with Doolan at the moment, so McCalls got no chance of coming back.

You'll be getting the Big Dick, and loving it...