The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

Shame on the fans for expecting better than 1 win in 11 games.

You've gotten it all wrong. One win in eleven games is acceptable for calling for the manager to go. One win in ten however is Not Real Fan territory.

Just now, Thumper said:

You've gotten it all wrong. One win in eleven games is acceptable for calling for the manager to go. One win in ten however is Not Real Fan territory.

Kilmarnock supporters infiltrating our support was what folk on the Ayr United Worldwide page said about folk wanting him out. :lol:

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

Shame on the fans for expecting better than 1 win in 11 games.

Folk have short memories. We have been a lot shiter than we are now, just be grateful we aren’t on the verge of league two and accept shite results and performances until we are in at least that state before asking questions of the manager

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Kilmarnock supporters infiltrating our support was what folk on the Ayr United Worldwide page said about folk wanting him out. :lol:

You might think that going to Somerset to sit through absolute dogshit in a three-sided ground for the twentieth time just to casually turn the weans against the manager instead of watching one's own team have a fairly exciting season in the top flight would be very odd behaviour, but on the other hand it seems as if they can't stay off this thread for more then 24 hours so who knows. Perverts really.

I can’t speak for what the intentions were but the club aren’t responsible for the way media outlets are headlining it. It’s a fairly bland two lines at the end of the statement that everywhere is jumping on.

I suppose it makes a good headline for tabloid rags and the BBC’s journalism is headed that way.

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I haven’t added anyone to my Facebook page for a good 5 years, I have so many people hidden, my feed barely updates and I am not a member of any groups. 

Your post has vindicated my Facebook choices and has driven me closer to deleting my profile on there. 

Think people are looking a bit too much into this attacks on Bullen thing. 

It was widely known that he was on Instagram, twitter and Facebook when he started questioning comments from supporters.

So unfortunately there will have been some pretty blunt and vile private messages sent to him I'd assume. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Folk have short memories. We have been a lot shiter than we are now, just be grateful we aren’t on the verge of league two and accept shite results and performances until we are in at least that state before asking questions of the manager

There were people who thought that criticising Roberts when he wasn't quite in the League Two relegation slots was unbelievably selfish and arrogant. One of them even wrote a book about that season. My brother gave it to me the following Christmas. It has remained unread.

35 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'm too young to remember Burley as Ayr manager. Unfortunately I remember his Scotland tenure well.

He wasn't great. We were even doing the player manager thing back then. Didn't work.

As others have said though, you get guys who fail at one club and then find a perfect match. Ipswich was his.

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I can’t speak for what the intentions were but the club aren’t responsible for the way media outlets are headlining it. It’s a fairly bland two lines at the end of the statement that everywhere is jumping on.

I suppose it makes a good headline for tabloid rags and the BBC’s journalism is headed that way.

It wasn’t needed though, a very competent and warm tribute, reflect on successes and pinpoint what ultimately cost him His job. Wish him all the best.

PS our support is full of c***s 

Club will be making zero attempts to get the next two games on while hoping the weather forecast stays the same. That way they can buy themselves time while spending the January money on a snow machine rather than new players.

It's pretty mad looking at the home games from this day a year ago till now

a 3-0 over Cove in March and a 1-0 against Raith at the end of April.
This season, it's the 1-0 over Caley on 12th August and a 1-0 over Airdrie on 16th December.

Absolutely wild anyone stayed in the job that long tbh

Edited by Peil