The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, Nelson said:

I don’t think anyone did.  Of the team that season, players like Andy Millen and John Davies also walked away.  A couple of seasons earlier, guys like Duncan George did likewise.  Probably because he was an utter fraud who kept being bailed out by Bill Barr.  What a real manager could have done with that money we’ll never know.  

Just our luck that when we had all that money we also had that fucking clown. Imagine what pretty much any competent manager we've had might have achieved with that money.

It was absolutely true as well that Dalziel got rid of anyone that he perceived as a threat to his own position, either due to their competence (Iain Munro) or popularity (Andy Walker) or coaching ambitions (Andy Millen).

Utter p***k.

36 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Sums the man up

Although there is a slight chance it's all Bravado and him attempting to show off in front of his chums, I'm certain someone on here met him at Club dé Mar and got the whole 'Do you know who I am?' pish from him.

If Ayr had the team he had back then today, I don't think Dundee United or Kirkcaldy would be topping the league. With the addition of the new stand, certainly would be something to get hard over.

Unfortunately the man is a charlatan, a poor coach and left the club in a rut as everyone pissed the feck off when he was punted. This began the bad period for Ayr.

Who was in charge of transfers when Dalziel was manager? I find it hard to believe he was scouting and targeting guys like teale and hurst.

11 minutes ago, Iain said:

Who was in charge of transfers when Dalziel was manager? I find it hard to believe he was scouting and targeting guys like teale and hurst.

A broken clock is right twice a day tbf.

17 minutes ago, Aliayr76 said:

Wonder if some of the transfers next week will have to wait until a major transfer then it will rippple out from there 

As in a player leaving Ayr or joining a club we will sign from? 

4 hours ago, ComradeDiego said:

Nah they loaned us their colours for the famous third kit

I seem to recall wanting that third kit burned as the only time I recall it being worn was away to Queens Park last season, we played gubbins and lost 2-0 in the televised Friday night game.

6 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

I seem to recall wanting that third kit burned as the only time I recall it being worn was away to Queens Park last season, we played gubbins and lost 2-0 in the televised Friday night game.

Lee Bullen playing Mikey Hewitt as an attacking central midfielder a particular highlight!