The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Hopefully a busy week ahead on the transfer front. In an ideal world we’ll see a  LB, RB, CM and Striker come in. I think we may need to settle for one fullback, centre mid and striker though. 

43 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Hopefully a busy week ahead on the transfer front. In an ideal world we’ll see a  LB, RB, CM and Striker come in. I think we may need to settle for one fullback, centre mid and striker though. 

Who needs a new striker when you've got McKenzie playing like Mbappe.

13 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Genuinely impressed at the ineptness of the defending here. No pressure on the ball at all in the build up then 9 players in the box for the cross and you still manage to get a free header. 

23 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Looking to add to the squad this week 

Interesting that’s he hints at permanents. I presumed it would be the loan market we were fishing in. 

26 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Looking to add to the squad this week 

Reading an article on your phone from the Record website it like trying to do a Rubik’s cube while falling down a flight of stairs.

Ahui may be off? That sounds like he’s gone. So I’d expect 2 full backs in this week surely. 

13 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Reading an article on your phone from the Record website it like trying to do a Rubik’s cube while falling down a flight of stairs.

Ahui may be off? That sounds like he’s gone. So I’d expect 2 full backs in this week surely. 

Agreed it’s a challenge trying to get to the end of the story through all the clickbait crap on the page. 

24 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Depends if Sanders has been signed to play there. If so then we probably need someone who can cover/oust Reading on the other side. Feel like we need to replace Young with an out and out ball winner as well and then get another attacking midfielder in. 

34 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Interesting that’s he hints at permanents. I presumed it would be the loan market we were fishing in. 

If you look at this squad for playing in the championship next season there is one big overhaul required. The more he can sign now then it makes a big task in the summer a bit easier 

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Depends if Sanders has been signed to play there. If so then we probably need someone who can cover/oust Reading on the other side. Feel like we need to replace Young with an out and out ball winner as well and then get another attacking midfielder in. 

He’s a centre back who can play at right back which doesn’t fill me with joy. We have McGinty who can play left back and Musonda who can play right back. We need a new right back and it would make sense to bring one in now if we can. 

5 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Encouraging that he's talking about permanent signings not just loans, already forwarded planning for next season's championship winners. 😆

I’d hope we would offer Chalmers something now as well. Dowds is kind of losing his appeal week by week but is still a good option. 

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

Depends if we are playing 3 at the back with two wing back as he did at Fleetwood, Paddy could do a job and might actually be very well suited to that role but McAllister could never be a wing back.

Dempsey was dropping back on Saturday in a Jamie Adams/Stevie Bell kind of way when the full backs went forward. It worked in the first half but they just went after McCallister in the second. 

3 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Depends if we are playing 3 at the back with two wing back as he did at Fleetwood, Paddy could do a job and might actually be very well suited to that role but McAllister could never be a wing back.

For that to work we'd have to play Fabian Hürzeler's 523 formation which would be cool.  We don't have the central midfielders for it to work though.  

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I think it would be more a 343 than a traditional 352 with the squad we have.

Aye 343/523 potato/potato