The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Indeed the appointment of Brown is by itself going to boost the home support (and means Police Scotland will have a fun time checking them all for home-made hand grenades on the way in) and thus make Ayr more money.

While obviously the above is tongue in cheek and would be a complete other level - isn't it just absolutely mental that in this country there is actually a slight precedent for this, with supporters having previously sent fucking parcel bombs and bullets to a rival football manager's house.

Edited by AUcal

17 minutes ago, Thumper said:

The "infiltrated by Celtic fans" stuff is a bit odd. The reason Old Firm games get as they do is because the away side has a substantial allocation who don't need to pretend they're there supporting someone else. This is surely far more appealing than being wedged into a tiny wee corner and spat on for 90 minutes by the mutants in the Govan Front.

The revenue the club makes is dependent on total ticket sales, so even if one isn't going (because as noted it will be fucking horrible) it is obviously a good thing if Ayr sell out their allocation. Indeed the appointment of Brown is by itself going to boost the home support (and means Police Scotland will have a fun time checking them all for home-made hand grenades on the way in) and thus make Ayr more money.

The old firm games this season have been played in front of a combined total of zero away fans.  It's not what I would describe as substantial.  

Also the more police required actually makes less money for Ayr because those costs are paid before we get our 40%.  

3 hours ago, Rodders1910 said:

Bit of a pain for us Glasgow based fans that you have to buy tickets from the club shop in person for the cup game

It is pain in the ar*se right enough, it's not exactly handy for me (and other fans who don't live local).

Hopefully I can buy from shop and get them kept aside for pickup when I come down for the Dundee Utd match on Sat.

26 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I totally get why some people don’t want to go.

Been twice in the Ayr end - once at the Broomloan Front and once in the corner.

For me, there is that defiant streak in me ever since I became an Ayr fan.  More so having spent my lifetime in the lower leagues. 

So I’ll be there, looking at the mutants straight in the eye, safe in the knowledge that they didn’t suck me in as a youngster into their cult.

🖤🤍🖤🤍🖤🤍

This. Get along to that sh*tehole and make yourselves heard. You never know what might happen

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Don't think the club needs to worry about OF fans "infiltrating" the away end. Fair enough if it had been at Somerset but cup games for the OF teams against lower league teams barely make a crowd of 40,000 

It'll probably be a sell out now as they'll all want to go and give Brown dog's abuse with every sectarian song under the sun

A good result on Saturday might, just might, see our allocation for Ibrox sell out, and maybe get a few more!

I’m still taken aback with our support up at Hampden.

If anything spells it out to the board about Bully-ball, surely that did.

Just now, AUFC 1910 said:

A good result on Saturday might, just might, see our allocation for Ibrox sell out, and maybe get a few more!

I’m still taken aback with our support up at Hampden.

If anything spells it out to the board about Bully-ball, surely that did.

Our away support on Saturday was only 100 less than the whole crowd at Somerset the Tuesday night before...

Tbf the glasgow away games against QP and Partick usually generate decent away crowds due to the short travelling distance plus they're perfect for a day out in the city centre drinking and then getting train out to the stadiums

4 minutes ago, Highland Exile said:

Ah boll*cks, says no phone order. Will see if collecting in person on Sat at Dundee Utd is an option if I pay in advance 

I'm pretty sure tickets will be available on Saturday,  and if it did sell out we would get a bigger allocation as per other teams. 

2 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I totally get why some people don’t want to go.

Been twice in the Ayr end - once at the Broomloan Front and once in the corner.

For me, there is that defiant streak in me ever since I became an Ayr fan.  More so having spent my lifetime in the lower leagues. 

So I’ll be there, looking at the mutants straight in the eye, safe in the knowledge that they didn’t suck me in as a youngster into their cult.

🖤🤍🖤🤍🖤🤍

I'm one of those who'd f*cking love it if we beat those mutants, but I don't have the bravery to venture to that cesspit of a stadium and pay money to hear bile and poisonous chants for 2+hours (this applies to the other bigot cheek as well)

Also heard too many horror stories about the various missiles people have been pelted with.

To anyone who is going I applaud your bravery. 👍⚫⚪