The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

On GK coach surely has to be Craig Samson with a deal to play for a year?

Still 39 one of best ive saw in my time at Ayr outwith maybe one who was better

I think that would be a no brainer even if he isn't gonna maybe be number 1 he could still put pressure on number 1

I am sure Warnock if he gets gig will want his own guys in and who knows might stay another season if he does well with the bo peeps

27 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

On GK coach surely has to be Craig Samson with a deal to play for a year?

Still 39 one of best ive saw in my time at Ayr outwith maybe one who was better

I think that would be a no brainer even if he isn't gonna maybe be number 1 he could still put pressure on number 1

I am sure Warnock if he gets gig will want his own guys in and who knows might stay another season if he does well with the bo peeps

When did Samson last play? No ta from me 

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

When did Samson last play? No ta from me 

Doesn't matter when he last played in the A team pretty sure he trains to play every day and will play in the reserves

Also you don't last till your 39 if your not looking after yourself and not staying fit

As a player/coach he would be number two anyway abd potentially freeing up a wage for another outfield player no brainer really

4 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Doesn't matter when he last played in the A team pretty sure he trains to play every day and will play in the reserves

Also you don't last till your 39 if your not looking after yourself and not staying fit

As a player/coach he would be number two anyway abd potentially freeing up a wage for another outfield player no brainer really

Hasn’t been named on a bench for 2 and a half years and hasn’t played a minute in nearly 5 years.

Think before you type.

7 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Hasn’t been named on a bench for 2 and a half years and hasn’t played a minute in nearly 5 years.

Think before you type.

2 years and ive thought about it and decided it was a good idea that is why I typed it

But just becouse its ny idea none of you will hace the balls to admit its a good idea

Samson was a fantastic keeper for us when he was here that is why he ended up at Killie

Brown will know him from Aberdeen and if he wants a player coach I'm sure he could easily bring him on board and Aberdeen wouldn't be hard to deal with

Players come out of retirement all the time he already has once before 

Edited by General dissaray

In terms of a new goalie it wouldn’t shock me if we tried for Doohan in the summer. Not getting much of a chance at Aberdeen and Brown will know him well. It’s a step down for him obviously but a chance for him to earn a better move if he comes and does well for a year or so. 

Craig Samson isn’t going to leave Aberdeen as a GK coach to work for Ayr as a GK coach but this won’t compute for the resident mouth breather. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

In terms of a new goalie it wouldn’t shock me if we tried for Doohan in the summer. Not getting much of a chance at Aberdeen and Brown will know him well. It’s a step down for him obviously but a chance for him to earn a better move if he comes and does well for a year or so. 

Craig Samson isn’t going to leave Aberdeen as a GK coach to work for Ayr as a GK coach but this won’t compute for the resident mouth breather. 

How do you know that is doesn't want to make a playing come back?Do you him exactly wouldn't even suprise me if he was playing Over 35 in Mulgrews Sunday team its full of ex professionals

Bet you didn't even know about that stuck in your wee Ayrshire village away from civilization 

Just now, General dissaray said:

How do you know that is doesn't want to make a playing come back?Do you him exactly wouldn't even suprise me if he was playing Over 35 in Mulgrews Sunday team its full of ex professionals

Bet you didn't even know about that stuck in your wee Ayrshire village away from civilization 

When’s your next opticians appointment? 

19 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Hiya Craig or a member of the Samson family 😂

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Hiya Craig or a member of the Samson family 😂

Nope just remember how good he was best keeper we had since Nelson when he was with them 

Player/coach would be a no brainer

Also what makes you think that the new Aber sheep boss hasn't his own man in mind to bring with him?