The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I wonder if we will play 4231

Albinson

McCalister Stanger McGinty Reading

Dempsey Syla

Chalmers McGeady Murphy

Dowds

Full backs will have to sit narrow (width of box) and not get forward.  We need to make them cross the ball as it's our defence's strength and a weakness of their attack.  Everything else speaks for itself except McGeady, personally I'd play him on Saturday, still got something to offer us IMO.

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Albinson

Dempsey Syla

Chalmers McGeady Murphy

Dowds

Full backs will have to sit narrow (width of box) and not get forward.  We need to make them cross the ball as it's our defence's strength and a weakness of their attack.  Everything else speaks for itself except McGeady, personally I'd play him on Saturday, still got something to offer us IMO.

If ever there was a game for him to turn up it would be this one. 

21 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Albinson

Dempsey Syla

Chalmers McGeady Murphy

Dowds

McGeady should make an appearance, if only for the bigoted rage. 

🎶 Scott Brown, he’s won more than your club 🎶

I don't see us winning, but I also don't see a humping. 2-0 at worst. You'd imagine rangers will rest a few players so you never know. I'm still undecided about going. It's a ball ache KO time and the weather is to be shite. I'm getting too old and grumpy for this football lark 😂

12 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I don't see us winning, but I also don't see a humping. 2-0 at worst. You'd imagine rangers will rest a few players so you never know. I'm still undecided about going. It's a ball ache KO time and the weather is to be shite. I'm getting too old and grumpy for this football lark 😂

The last time we went to Ibrox, it was a significantly better Ayr team and a significantly worse Rangers team and we got scudded 4-0 going on 6.

Not to be negative etc but I'm not anticipating an enjoyable Saturday.

Edited by AyrTroopMajor

3 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

The last time we went to Ibrox, it was a significantly better Ayr team and a significantly worse Rangers team and we got scudded 4-0 going on 6.

It’s also a worse rangers team imo

5 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

I'm holding out hope. I remember a few years back they played the "mighty" Stranraer at Ibrox, stinlar had a very unfit Stevo playing for them and only scraped a 2-0 win. Even Dumbarton scored v them in the last round 🤣

22 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Yes but can't see Rangers resting that many

McCrorie 

Tav

Barisec

Souttar 

Goldson 

Raskin

Sterling if can play in cup

Diomonde maybe

Cortes maybe

Wright

Silva

Wouldn't be suprised if this is the team

Either we will get humped 5-6-7 nil or we will be in the game until the 70th minute when they take a two goal lead, then score a third and maybe fourth late on to make it look like a routine victory. 

Our only hope is, they pack the team with kids, which I doubt because they are still very much trying to gel a team. Or the manager and players don’t show the respect the competition deserves and we catch them cold. It is always dodgy when you have a team filled with mediocre non-home born players and they think playing a team they have never heard of will be a walk in the park. It is normally the way with cup shocks down south. 

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Either we will get humped 5-6-7 nil or we will be in the game until the 70th minute when they take a two goal lead, then score a third and maybe fourth late on to make it look like a routine victory. 

Our only hope is, they pack the team with kids, which I doubt because they are still very much trying to gel a team. Or the manager and players don’t show the respect the competition deserves and we catch them cold. It is always dodgy when you have a team filled with mediocre non-home born players and they think playing a team they have never heard of will be a walk in the park. It is normally the way with cup shocks down south. 

Clement isn't interested in playing kids Bailey Rice isn't even with the 1st team and Lovelace is injured both would walk in your team and Lovelace is involved at his age group with England 

Rangers will play people that need game time the ones who were on the bench last night in midfield would think

What you on about make it look like routine?

When was the last time Ayr actually beat Rangers the seventies?

I see on facebook there is a guy selling these programmes just in case anyone is interested. I’ve covered the name up on the below screenshot as I don’t know if the person would want their name on here but if you are interested either go find it on the relevant Facebook page or drop me a message and I’ll give you the name.

IMG_0692.thumb.jpeg.a7d6b76e1b53cc47d0005079e390ef14.jpeg

36 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Yes but can't see Rangers resting that many

McCrorie 

Tav

Barisec

Souttar 

Goldson 

Raskin

Sterling if can play in cup

Diomonde maybe

Cortes maybe

Wright

Silva

Wouldn't be suprised if this is the team

Do you think Rangers might sign Cammy Ross from Tranent?