The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

While I don’t encourage diving the only way the ref red cards goldson is if syla goes down and if he had no one would’ve called him out for diving as goldson was off the ground and had no control. Silva should’ve been booked again no doubt. Biggest problem was we were playing the rangurs 

It’s unusual for a new manager to lose two of his first three games and still instil an air of positivity and make you feel like everything will be okay but that’s what Brown has done. We’re playing with a far higher intensity than we ever did under Bullen and look stronger as a unit when defending. There’s issues that need to be looked at for next season but I have a lot more faith that we can stay up with the new coaching team. 

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s unusual for a new manager to lose two of his first three games and still instil an air of positivity and make you feel like everything will be okay but that’s what Brown has done. We’re playing with a far higher intensity than we ever did under Bullen and look stronger as a unit when defending. There’s issues that need to be looked at for next season but I have a lot more faith that we can stay up with the new coaching team. 

Important that the results start to come through, to maintain the good feeling. Really pleased with his work so far.

Think changing the goalkeeper was a bad shout tbh.  Think he made two saves and one of those the ball hit him rather than anything save-like.  Other than that we were ok, we didn't offer enough but weren't out of the game until near the end.  

It was ok but I'd be against going any further than 'ok'.  

20 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Quite.

That's why a defeat next week would be disastrous.

20 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Think changing the goalkeeper was a bad shout tbh.  Think he made two saves and one of those the ball hit him rather than anything save-like.  Other than that we were ok, we didn't offer enough but weren't out of the game until near the end.  

It was ok but I'd be against going any further than 'ok'.  

I don’t really see this at all, I don’t see how it can be a bad shout when he didn’t do anything wrong? He came for a couple of crosses well too. 

Albinson could easily have played and chucked a couple in again. As much as I would have played him, he can’t have any complaints. 

2 hours ago, Hazbart said:

They’ll only come back……again.

That's where all the B team shite in Scottish football comes from.

The bigots are desperate to have B teams so they can keep milking their knuckle dragging support up here if they make it to England.

It reinforces why B team proposals up here need to be as fiercely resisted going forward as in their past attempts.

30 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t really see this at all, I don’t see how it can be a bad shout when he didn’t do anything wrong? He came for a couple of crosses well too. 

Albinson could easily have played and chucked a couple in again. As much as I would have played him, he can’t have any complaints. 

Not sure if serious. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

The defending and organisation have definitely stepped up a level. Unsure though whether this will come at the expense of our attacking ability. Need to see us against some of the teams around our level to find out. Hopefully the days of Morton pushing us around to victory will be much less 

16 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Not sure if serious. 

Not sure if you seriously think Albinson would have done better at either goal based on his current form.

His distribution probably would have been a bit better but there’s every chance he would have chucked one in as well.

Mutch was fine yesterday.

However, I wouldn't be rushing to start him in the league. Ultimately, when Albinson is at his best he's comfortably better than Mutch. I take the point that Albinson has been ropey but he needs to play through it. Benching him will make an even bigger deal of his mistakes. 

I think this is just an example of rotating your goalie for the cups. A lot of teams do that. I did find it odd that we haven’t seen any of the new players starting tbh.

8 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

The defending and organisation have definitely stepped up a level. Unsure though whether this will come at the expense of our attacking ability. Need to see us against some of the teams around our level to find out. Hopefully the days of Morton pushing us around to victory will be much less 

We need to wait till the new manager bounce is over for a proper assessment.

15 hours ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Hugely proud of that today. Sounds stupid but seeing a performance like that makes me feel like we’re coming home with a win, because things are looking up now.

Great atmosphere in the away end and the mutants in close proximity were foaming at the mouth all game (see below).

C6454321-79E6-4934-A336-64C57859B862.mov 6.92 MB · 40 downloads  

This video is the cure to depression 😂 Honestly fantastic 😂

We were only a few seats above this.

Goldson should have been off - it’s a prime example of refs encouraging players to roll about on the ground whenever they’re fouled.

And if the first Silva foul was a yellow the second has to be as well.

I swear he’s generally fine on the rare occasion he does our league games but Collum’s fucking mince in the big games. Can’t handle the pressure.

If I'm going to nit pick yesterday's game, I would say that rangers deserved two reds and that certain Ayr fans need to stop bringing in Pyros.

State of some wee guy stood behind where the Pyros went off, whole face covered in what I originally thought was blood. Obviously just colouring from the Pyros but ffs, could be more careful with that shite. 

56 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

If I'm going to nit pick yesterday's game, I would say that rangers deserved two reds and that certain Ayr fans need to stop bringing in Pyros.

State of some wee guy stood behind where the Pyros went off, whole face covered in what I originally thought was blood. Obviously just colouring from the Pyros but ffs, could be more careful with that shite. 

Personally thought the pyro looked cracking yesterday