The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Hopefully this loss at least focuses the minds of those in charge, and ensures we get at least one player in. Whether they have fucked about and left it too late is a different question. 

Things are far too tight to try and push all of the cup money towards summer. 

The rest of the results went for us luckily. Feels like a missed opportunity because Raith were there for the taking. We just really lack quality. Going to be a long slog. Wins like last week against teams around us are going to be crucial.

48 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If we aren’t going to play Chalmers or Murphy for full games, we really need better options to replace them - particularly when we need a goal. 

We could do with options to replace them when neither of them are looking likely to create something. That was Chalmers poorest game in a long time. Both teams were poor though. Had the feeling of an end of season game with nothing to play for in the second half. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

We could do with options to replace them when neither of them are looking likely to create something. That was Chalmers poorest game in a long time. Both teams were poor though. Had the feeling of an end of season game with nothing to play for in the second half. 

I didn’t see any of the second half as the stream went to shit, thankfully can make it along on Tuesday. 

Yeah - regardless of his poor Chalmers is playing I still wouldn’t be taking him off when we need a goal. Particularly as we have nothing to replace him with. 

How were Willoughby and McHugh? 

3 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

How was the goalkeeper?

Fine IMO, thought he could have maybe come for the cross for the first goal but it was a good ball by Mullin. Made one good save in the second half and a number of others you’d expect any keeper to make. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I didn’t see any of the second half as the stream went to shit, thankfully can make it along on Tuesday. 

Yeah - regardless of his poor Chalmers is playing I still wouldn’t be taking him off when we need a goal. Particularly as we have nothing to replace him with. 

How were Willoughby and McHugh? 

McHugh looked ok when he came on but not really enough time to tell. I’m not sure about Willoughby to be honest. So far I think we’d have been better keeping Rose. Again a bit early to tell. 

5 minutes ago, ecocme said:

McHugh looked ok when he came on but not really enough time to tell. I’m not sure about Willoughby to be honest. So far I think we’d have been better keeping Rose. Again a bit early to tell. 

Letting Rose go was an aberration IMO.

4 minutes ago, ecocme said:

We really needed signings that were able to come straight into the starting side and improve it, we quite clearly haven’t got that given their lack of game time so it is disappointing. 

I think there is an argument that we have actually weakened squad wise, marginally stronger at best. 

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We really needed signings that were able to come straight into the starting side and improve it, we quite clearly haven’t got that given their lack of game time so it is disappointing. 

I think there is an argument that we have actually weakened squad wise, marginally stronger at best. 

100% agree, the squad isn’t any stronger at all. I’d hoped we’d have brought in at least 1 other starter of reasonable quality. Outside of Murphy and Chalmers who were both poor today there’s zero creativity in that squad. 

I actually thought we really missed Reading today, relying on Mousunda to provide width down the left was never going to work. 

Edited by ecocme

A frustrating game but i’m more annoyed at the club that the team.

if we bring in a full back during the window, we don’t end up with that carthorse at centre half. We play a keeper who has played one senior game and they both manage to cost us the first goal. 

The players we have brought in have been either poor or invisible. 

Finding out that the players that were out were actually fit and the players that were fit were actually out worked wonders today. Just fucking stop it. Tell us who is fit, why Albinson has been dropped for a child that can’t speak and why Reading didn’t play and how long he’ll be out for. 

Just now, Ayrutd1910 said:

Thought young keeper was too slow of his line to close down the two goals,i know Albison has been dodgy a few times,but you need to play him,his head will be gone now that a boy signed in the morning plays before him.

There'll be a reason he wasn't playing today. Safe to assume that's him done at the club.