The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

If we signed Forrest, it would be on loan. We couldn’t sign him outright because there are probably about 8 clubs in the Premier and at least 2 teams in the Championship that would take him before us.

Even if it’s a loan deal, of those 10 clubs, they would be able to offer a higher wage % than we could. Which makes a loan move unlikely. 

Unless Celtic are doing us a favour and don’t want him to go on loan to another team in their league(both unlikely) or the player is desperate to play for us and willing to take a huge wage cut(unlikely) I don’t see him signing for us. 

Interview with Stevie Kerrigan was a decent listen. He was probably the first all round modern forward I’d seen at Ayr, before it had been goal hangers like John Sludden, runners like Tommy Walker or target men like Ally Graham. He scored goals of all types. 
I remember when we played Kilmarnock in the CIS cup, he was involved in a scramble in the box which resulted in him pinning the Kilmarnock keeper to the deck while Bobby Conner battered the ball home. 

He clearly wasn’t a fan of Daziels either. 

10 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

The idea of us signing James Forrest is hilarious. Least of all because it's a player we've actually heard of.

Happy to eat a humongous hat if im wrong.

I read that as humous hat. Good luck with that.

16 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

The idea of us signing James Forrest is hilarious. Least of all because it's a player we've actually heard of.

Happy to eat a humongous hat if im wrong.

One of those massive Nacho Taco hats with the dip 👍

9551482c24c22c9fe1a872f568dce204.jpg

4 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Interview with Stevie Kerrigan was a decent listen. He was probably the first all round modern forward I’d seen at Ayr, before it had been goal hangers like John Sludden, runners like Tommy Walker or target men like Ally Graham. He scored goals of all types. 
I remember when we played Kilmarnock in the CIS cup, he was involved in a scramble in the box which resulted in him pinning the Kilmarnock keeper to the deck while Bobby Conner battered the ball home. 

He clearly wasn’t a fan of Daziels either. 

One of my favourite players from that time. Him, Isaac English, Robert Scott, Ian Ferguson and Laurent Djaffo were my favourite strikers of the pre-Hurst era.

Edited by Iain

The Forrest thing is very very unlikely but not out of realms of possibility, he's good pals with Brown, Brown talked about still being very close with Rodgers on that Celtic podcast last week, his brother played for us he has family connections to the area and it's only an hour from where he presumably stays, what goes against us is obviously money we can't afford to put much to his wages and in the back of his mind he will be thinking I can break back in to Celtic team have a good end to the season and he's wild card to go to euros in the summer.

Edited by Superhursty7

Since we are in the realm of wild speculation, thought it was strange putting Clark straight in on Saturday but perhaps as someone mentioned Charlie on a pre contract think it was Hearts, but what if it was Raith then it would make lot of sense. 

re Forest only if Celtic thought he could make an impact that may get them a fee from someone for him as he only has a year on his contract 

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I read that as humous hat. Good luck with that.

I hate hummus, it's honking. Not eating that.

2 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

One of those massive Nacho Taco hats with the dip 👍

This however sounds magical. If he signs I'm definately scranning this.

6 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I don't think I've ever heard any of our players from that era say anything positive about DHell.

I’ve got a lot of good memories from the Barr era, but when you listen to someone like Kerrigan, there’s just an overwhelming sense of regret that we had money to spend like never before or since, but were cursed with such an absolute fanny as Dalziel.

16 minutes ago, Nelson said:

I’ve got a lot of good memories from the Barr era, but when you listen to someone like Kerrigan, there’s just an overwhelming sense of regret that we had money to spend like never before or since, but were cursed with such an absolute fanny as Dalziel.

Why was he never sacked? Surely people must have noticed what a clown he was.

Imagine what a McCall or even a Reid could have done with even a fraction of that money.

30 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Imagine what a McCall or even a Reid could have done with even a fraction of that money.

Not sure there was much to gain. We couldn't get promoted at the time because of the insane stadium rules and the cup runs kept people interested.

1 minute ago, Iain said:

Not sure there was much to gain. We couldn't get promoted at the time because of the insane stadium rules and the cup runs kept people interested.

I feel this is when we became plucky wee Ayr. The cup runs were great but the longer you stay in one position the bigger the gap gets and the further away the goal gets

3 minutes ago, Iain said:

Fair enough. Those stadium rules were bullshit. Clearly designed to protect the SPL, stop clubs progressing and create a closed shop.

57 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Am i right in saying that McCall would have been managing Clydebank at the time? Just shows you how long ago it all happened.