The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Aye that, shame he ruined it with a 4 year ban. I'm sure Somerset MOTM is still the highlight of his career 

Tbh if I won a World Cup and a MotM at Somerset before the age of 30, I'd f**k about and get myself banned as well.

Edited by Richey Edwards

If Ayr play like they did Tuesday, then I think we should pip them. 

The mid boggler for me is Dowds/Willoughby 🤔 How do you play them both? Willoughby's double on Tuesday and Downs being our best striking option.....there has to be a way to play both. 

Willoughby in behind Dowds might be interesting. With Dowds trapping the high balls and heading them or or flicking them on to Willoughby. At least its another option. Up to now we've not really had that.

Clarke

McAllister Sanders McGinty Musonda

Bryden Dempsey McHugh Murphy 

Willoughby

Dowds

Harsh on McKenzie after a good performance from him on Tuesday but it gets Dowds and Willoughby in the team together and I think they could link up well.

2 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

I might be the only one but I would play Dowds behind Willoughby I think he’s more a penalty box striker where as Dowds does more of the running

Yeah, exactly this. Dowds can play the McKenzie role, but obviously more effectively and act as the focal point. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, exactly this. Dowds can play the McKenzie role, but obviously more effectively and act as the focal point. 

I don't think having Dowds deeper would work. He's then having to flick the ball onwards which is likely a defenders ball. Having him up top he is more likely to win the ball over the defender and pass it back to Willoughby where he is more likely to get the ball. 

Whether its Dowds up top and Willoughby behind I would expect them to swap over frequently. I think Brown would want them to be flexible and interchange if he opts to play then both.