The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

If Rose continues like this then it's a win win for us. 

There was rumours of Amartey going out on loan too. He’s now been un-fancied by 2 different managers but I’d love to see what he could do with a run of games.

Edited by shizzlemanizzle

2 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

There was rumours of Amartey going out on loan too. He’s now been un-fancied by 2 different managers but I’d love to see what he could do with a run of games.

No one is telling me that Bryden, Tomlinson or McGeady offer more than him - all those in front of Amartey today. 

Bryden possibly in very certain games like the other night but that’s it. 

Guys that have made plenty of mistakes making mistakes again. 

The new keeper is suspect, Musonda isn’t a left wing back and Bryden isn’t a wide player. 
We haven’t stretched Dunfermline at all and everything has been static up front.

Dropping Albinson and Chalmers has been like Bullen dropping Adeloye. We have just brought in new players who have added different ways to f**k up. 
Just play the best team.

It’s a pretty dreadful team on paper to be fair. Not sure why we dropped Willoughby and kept McKenzie in the team.  Bryden at right midfield is just howling.  Was hoping we could make it to half time at 1 nil and make some changes, but that’s the game gone now.  Harsh lesson for Brown - we conjured a win from somewhere on Tuesday, but should have been more ruthless with his selection today.  3/4 players on the bench that should probably have started.  Not sure why we bothered with McGinlay if he can’t come straight in ahead of Musonda.  

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Guys that have made plenty of mistakes making mistakes again. 

The new keeper is suspect, Musonda isn’t a left wing back and Bryden isn’t a wide player. 
We haven’t stretched Dunfermline at all and everything has been static up front.

Dropping Albinson and Chalmers has been like Bullen dropping Adeloye. We have just brought in new players who have added different ways to f**k up. 
Just play the best team.

New keeper not at fault for the goals - what you on about?

We deserve to be two down. Ball in behind the full back has done us every time.

Jamie Murphy is the only player who looks the part out there.

If Brown makes changes at half time we can get something out this because Dunfermline are pish too.

4 minutes ago, Nelson said:

It’s a pretty dreadful team on paper to be fair. Not sure why we dropped Willoughby and kept McKenzie in the team.  Bryden at right midfield is just howling. 

On paper and on the pitch, that's a league 1 team. Lot of work to be done.

Just now, AUcal said:

We need a bit of creativity on the park. Real lack of imagination here, just going through the motions.

Syla & Chalmers will come on at half time I’d hope. Maybe Willoughby for McKenzie. With Queens Park and Inverness winning, it’s essentially a cup game now. 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

No one is telling me that Bryden, Tomlinson or McGeady offer more than him - all those in front of Amartey today. 

Bryden possibly in very certain games like the other night but that’s it. 

This is the way I see it but then I doubt myself because Bullen, then White (briefly) and now Brown have seen it differently. And they ‘might’ know more about football than me. Still think he’s a player and if we’re not going to give him a run of games to get up to speed and prove himself then maybe it would have been best to send him out on loan.

11 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

This is the way I see it but then I doubt myself because Bullen, then White (briefly) and now Brown have seen it differently. And they ‘might’ know more about football than me. Still think he’s a player and if we’re not going to give him a run of games to get up to speed and prove himself then maybe it would have been best to send him out on loan.

It's essentially because he does f**k all in training.

22 minutes ago, Nelson said:

It’s a pretty dreadful team on paper to be fair. Not sure why we dropped Willoughby and kept McKenzie in the team.  Bryden at right midfield is just howling.  Was hoping we could make it to half time at 1 nil and make some changes, but that’s the game gone now.  Harsh lesson for Brown - we conjured a win from somewhere on Tuesday, but should have been more ruthless with his selection today.  3/4 players on the bench that should probably have started.  Not sure why we bothered with McGinlay if he can’t come straight in ahead of Musonda.  

Why would we play McGinley who won’t be fit ahead of Musonda who had a great game on Tuesday night? 

The only real suspect decision was keeping Bryden in the team. He did a great job against Thistle but we didn’t need him here. 

17 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

It's essentially because he does f**k all in training.

That sounds about right but I still think there’s a player in there. A loan spell somewhere would have shed more light on the situation.