The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Was it yourself who brought your wife into conversation on here the other week about being punted out into the shed?

Nah, pretty sure it was shizzlemanizzle.

2 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Was it yourself who brought your wife into conversation on here the other week about being punted out into the shed?

Sadly I need to tackle the indescribable horrors of Dutch electricity and plumbing if I'm to be punted to the garage outside of the summer months.

Potentially going to be pretty grim watching the results come in today, hoping for a draw between Airdrie and ICT, wins for Thistle, Raith and Dundee United. 

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Potentially going to be pretty grim watching the results come in today, hoping for a draw between Airdrie and ICT, wins for Thistle, Raith and Dundee United. 

I'd take things as they are rn

1 minute ago, AUcal said:

Potential for 4 point gap, with a game in hand, if we can get a result in Inverness next week. 

Fingers crossed but, when leagues are tight, I often look at the goal difference and make assumptions. Doesn’t look great from that viewpoint. A win next week would be massive. How do we think Broony would react to us being relegated? Is he “too big” for league 1 or will he stick about to repair Ayr and his managerial status?

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Every chance we’ve had a better afternoon today than we would have done had we been playing. 

It’s been a decent Saturday results wise but today ‘might’ have been the day we wanted to play Morton. Morton are on a run of not great results. Fast forward to the rearranged game and they might be back on form. 

9 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

A near geriatric David Hutton coming on today and NOT conceding. Suprising but pleasing 

If David Hutton keeps a clean sheet for even 20 mins up there and young Josh concedes one next week then he may as well hang up the gloves haha.    

29 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

It’s been a decent Saturday results wise but today ‘might’ have been the day we wanted to play Morton. Morton are on a run of not great results. Fast forward to the rearranged game and they might be back on form. 

Definitely- they seem like they struggle massively without Oakley. 

Results for us today were fine. If Dundee United do us a favour on Friday then even a point at Inverness wouldn't be that bad if we can follow that up with good results vs Queens Park and Airdrie. After March I can see us maybe getting results vs Morton and Partick, and if we can beat Arbroath and Dunfermline as well then that should be enough to stay up.

Re: Charlie - sounds like he was unhappy at being told at the last minute he wasn't playing at Ibrox after being in the original lineup and bringing family and pals up to watch.  Was then offered a new deal and said no and has now been told he won't start again and is now looking for a new club back in England.  

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Re: Charlie - sounds like he was unhappy at being told at the last minute he wasn't playing at Ibrox after being in the original lineup and bringing family and pals up to watch.  Was then offered a new deal and said no and has now been told he won't start again and is now looking for a new club back in England.  

I can understand why he would be frustrated if that was how things unfolded tbh. 

I would find it quite bizarre if he has been told he won’t start again though, given he is our only back up goalkeeper right now. 

22 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I can understand why he would be frustrated if that was how things unfolded tbh. 

I would find it quite bizarre if he has been told he won’t start again though, given he is our only back up goalkeeper right now. 

Aye.  Won't play again was actually the quote which is clearly not true as he played for reserves midweek and is obviously gonna come on if Clarke gets sent off etc