The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 hours ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I know the local area manager? of Mcds is a huge Ayr fan. I would think each franchise has to spend a certain amount on local sports ventures as part of the contract, you know... to kid on they're doing their part to reduce obesity ha! I personally always have a giggle about this, everytime I walk into the ground and see the golden arches! But it's £ in the bank so f**k it. At least we're not selling the stadium name to sponsorship... can you imagine the riots 🤣

That's something we absolutely should do.  Firstly for the reaction by the hard of thinking and secondly because it's free money. 

I hate sponsorship in football but I'm actually pro naming rights because you can just ignore it, a company can't buy something and force you to call it X but they can force their logo onto your kit.  

The folk that complain about stadium naming never complain about seeing corporate logos on tops, it's just weird Da brainwashing.  

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

Does any sponsorship do anything?

I very much hope nobody was stupid enough to ever put money into Bitcoin Cash.

No, I signed up to Coinbase and they offered you $1 each time to 'learn' about various cryptocurrency and I let it sit for a bit and took my free £50.  

I left £10 worth of 'Cosmos' and it's now £15.  

It's a waste of time if you are putting your own money in and not a huge amount.  

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

That'll get the punters in 👍

Does pvc leave marks on the seats though? 🤔

Just sit on the black ones. 

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Never mind stadiums! I'm going for parts of stadiums 

Thereisa(flood)lightthatnevergoesout *

* Unless you're the DKBs a few years ago v Hibs 

I'm into it

'Sunglasses indoors shitter'

Few ideas to bring money in.

The penalty spot at the SRE could be sponsored by Walkers in honour of Andys PK.

The new stand could get Virgin Galactic on board due to our big centre halfs ability to launch a ball into space like sputnik and implode whenever anyone goes near him.

The roof of the Railway end could be sponsored by Katie Price because they both get shot over at least once on a Saturday.

Money spinners I think.

16 hours ago, itzdrk said:

That's something we absolutely should do.  Firstly for the reaction by the hard of thinking and secondly because it's free money. 

I hate sponsorship in football but I'm actually pro naming rights because you can just ignore it, a company can't buy something and force you to call it X but they can force their logo onto your kit.  

The folk that complain about stadium naming never complain about seeing corporate logos on tops, it's just weird Da brainwashing.  

Aye agree 100%.  Get some cash in and call it whatever you want, me and I assume about 99% of others will still call it Somerset.    

Open an Ayr United themed nightclub next to the hub.

Call it Club Bangala. 

Delay its opening for months, have a few underwhelming events then just hire the venue out. 

Fans will love it.

Edited by Richey Edwards

26 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Open an Ayr United themed nightclub next to the hub.

Call it Club Bangala. 

Delay its opening for months, have a few underwhelming events then just hire the venue out. 

Fans will love it.

Lee Bullen has a mate that thinks this is a great idea