The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, GuyIncognito said:

Damaged MCL, doubt we’ll see him again this season.

I can’t believe you would give our opponents such an advantage by disclosing this.

I know it drives most of you mad, but I'm very much for keeping team injury/knock news behind closed doors. This championship is tighter than 2 fingers in the ass. You may mock about the advantage thing and I guess during L.B's tenure it probably was rather laughable but why give away anything to anyone? I know it doesn't help the speculation but lets not be kidded, if we weren't speculating about injuries/selection reasons, we would about something else haha!

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

1 minute ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I know it drives most of you mad, but I'm very much for keeping team injury/knock news behind closed doors. This championship is tighter than 2 fingers in the ass. You may knock about the advantage thing and I guess during L.B's tenure it probably was rather laughable but why give away anything to anyone? I know it doesn't help the speculation but lets not be kidded, if we weren't speculating about injuries/selection reasons, we would about something else haha!

I mean you can say that players have knocks and they may or may not make it - the opposition still don’t know either way. 

Not announcing someone is out for the season, or even that they are injured is just ridiculous though. 

No idea what on earth these line ups are all about but who cares if we win

Brown very much laying down the law with "if you cost us a goal/game, you're warming the bench next match"

5 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Absolutely agree with  the comments here, usually like to see the positives but see none here....

Not having Murphy and Chalmers in the team is a shocking move when we need to create chances.....

No offence but I don't feel McKenzie and Bryden offer much at all and lack any real skill or ability to go by players ....

Have real fear we will be 2-3 goals down before our better players come on ...which time it will be too late.....

I could actually greet.....

We will struggle to keep possession at all with that lineup and with our defence giving up goals left, right and centre we are in the shite here...

My last post aged well ....glad proved me wrong tho...

Edited by OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton

I think McGintys mistake against Dunfermline was the excuse Brown needed to drop him. You can see how frustrated he's been getting with him and his lack of composure / the big hoof.

On Chalmers, yes he might not be defensive minded but he'll get the ball up the pitch for you and win you free kicks when the pressures on. There's more than one way to defend. I'd have him in my team every week.

No matter the team selections though, Brown is grinding out results that LB could only dream of getting. We'd be in Arbroaths position right now if we'd not changed things.

We'll see what he's really made of next season I guess.