The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Hopefully recall both from their loans to bolster the squad.

Nope, that only works with Tam McManus

You’re like Gretchen Weiners trying to make “fetch” happen RN

2 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

My last post aged well ....glad proved me wrong tho...

Half the thread, myself included, are taking a few bites of humble pie. Still…I haven’t seen the game. Not sure if brown was inspired or ict were diabolical.

29 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Half the thread, myself included, are taking a few bites of humble pie. Still…I haven’t seen the game. Not sure if brown was inspired or ict were diabolical.

Anyone who says they didn't look at that line up and panic is talking mince.

Maybe flinging all thought of outplaying them and just playing them at their own game was a great plan. Or maybe ICT are just pish (This is my first thought to be honest.)

The lack of social media content from the club is really disappointing. After a really positive result it would of been nice to see some footage of the players celebrating with the fans etc. This sort of stuff is really important and we are sadly lacking in that department. 

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The lack of social media content from the club is really disappointing. After a really positive result it would of been nice to see some footage of the players celebrating with the fans etc. This sort of stuff is really important and we are sadly lacking in that department. 

There wasn't even a thank you post for the travelling fans. People travelled a long way and it would have been nice to have acknowledged them on social media.

VOR nowhere to be seen either...

We've never really been good at the social media side of things tbh so the only way is up

Still staying in the league is more of a priority atm, can worry about that later

7 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Due to an issue that happened very late unfortunately the social media person was unable to attend the game yesterday , 

12 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Maybe some players are carrying knocks ( does not mean to say they are injured to the extent of participating for a small part of game )

Hmm. McGinty makes crucial error in previous game and then is dropped for the following match. It does seem a bit of a coincidence, does it not? If it were a one off I'd be inclined to agree with you but there is certainly a pattern with Brown and I am concerned it won't hold up long term without damaging squad morale and ultimately results.

That being said, the team he put out got a massive win and that's never a bad thing, the humble pie went down a treat with a nice bottle of plonk. 

Brown’s interview certainly seems to confirm that he consciously chose to fill the team with runners.  Can’t argue with the logic in many respects.   Murphy is a good player who doesn’t have the legs to play wide of a midfield 4, particularly away from home.  Dempsey hasn’t been at the races for a while now.  Don’t know what the script is with Chalmers, but he is probably the one player who hasn’t reacted at all to Brown.  Maybe he’s signed a pre-contract elsewhere,  or maybe Brown just isn’t able to live with the compromise of increasingly occasional flashes of quality but a general lack of work rate and defensive ability..  McGinty is the only one who I think is really hard done by - one mistake after months of consistency and he’s dropped.

Can’t argue with the result though, but I doubt we’ll get away with that approach very often.

10 hours ago, Rb123 said:

VOR nowhere to be seen either...

We've never really been good at the social media side of things tbh so the only way is up

Still staying in the league is more of a priority atm, can worry about that later

Voice was away on holiday last week and not due back to Saturday afternoon. 

Delighted for Bryden to get a goal yesterday. I think you can slowly see signs of improvement in him since Brown came in. Lee Bullen obviously loved him but there was zero development on show since he made his debut against Arbroath about two years ago.