The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Dreadful game, really scrappy. Morton are a gang and we had to be to with the players we had. Looked a draw from kick-off as both teams seemed happy to boot it hard and then play head tennis. 

With all the changes we made, we had 4 centre halfs on the park and still lost a goal from a set play. Letting Morton score plays straight in to their hands and it looked like being one of those days. Amartey was barely used in the first half, he had the ball three times and created something with all three including the cross for the goal. 

Second half was much the same, really scrappy and in the end it was just two teams trying to keep the ball out their own box. 

Thought Musonda had his best game at left back, Sanders played well, I don't know about the goal but he barely put a foot wrong. Dempsey was good in midfield, Mckenzie battled a lot but chased his first touch quite a bit. Chalmers took a kicking but did ok. Amartey didn't show much in the second half. Dowds and Bryden put themselves about a lot but no one won second balls from them. 

Draw was probably fair, hopefully it is a case of turning defeats in to draws rather than wins in to draws tonight. 

1 hour ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I think they must be using dial up!!! I stay 5mins from Somerset and have flawless 1gig virgin internet. Beyond a joke.

It must be something to do with internet or something cause i was sitting directly behind the platform where they film and it's a fricking Panasonic 4K camera they use so it's not as if it's some knocked off Derek Trotter camcorders 

Watch out! Trotter’s about! | Facebook

Thought we deserved the win in the second half and had a couple of good chances to do so.

Don't think McKenzie was too bad in centre mid.

Amartey had a couple of good moments including an assist but found him very frustrating to watch. Seemed to constantly be in the wrong position or not making a run and looking for the ball. He had large spells where he wasn't involved in the game whatsoever and spent a lot of the first half being told where to be by Brown.

10 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Thought we deserved the win in the second half and had a couple of good chances to do so.

Don't think McKenzie was too bad in centre mid.

Amartey had a couple of good moments including an assist but found him very frustrating to watch. Seemed to constantly be in the wrong position or not making a run and looking for the ball. He had large spells where he wasn't involved in the game whatsoever and spent a lot of the first half being told where to be by Brown.

I think people expect too much from wide players at times though, you can’t exactly be expecting someone to be involved in the game when we are pinging it to the heads of Baird and Broadfoot. When we gave him it into his feet he generally made something happen. 

Brown wasn’t telling him where to be a lot of the time either really, it was the odd time. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I think people expect too much from wide players at times though, you can’t exactly be expecting someone to be involved in the game when we are pinging it to the heads of Baird and Broadfoot. When we gave him it into his feet he generally made something happen. 

Brown wasn’t telling him where to be a lot of the time either really, it was the odd time. 

It certainly happened a good few times and more so than he did with anyone else. 

I do think his positioning and reading of the game is a bit poor and thought it was very noticable how often the ball came out the left side of the pitch after he was replaced by Murphy. Maybe he needs more game time to get up to scratch with that side of things 

2 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

It certainly happened a good few times and more so than he did with anyone else. 

I do think his positioning and reading of the game is a bit poor and thought it was very noticable how often the ball came out the left side of the pitch after he was replaced by Murphy. Maybe he needs more game time to get up to scratch with that side of things 

I think he has plenty to learn,  but there is lots of potential there. 

I think they are just different players as well though, Murphy is far more likely to come deeper and get involved in building play. 

2 minutes ago, motley123rock said:

Brown  & Whittaker booked after the game. Fitness coach red carded. 

Another fine example of a fast tracked numpty because of VAR being brought into the Premiership..

1 hour ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Wain in bed otherwise I'd be there.... You try do your best to support the club... it's dire. 

I got a refund from the Dunfermline game. I'm not paying for that. Hopefully they'll get the message. Just email the club.

8 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Another fine example of a fast tracked numpty because of VAR being brought into the Premiership..

VAR is a great example of something that sounded great in theory but in reality has been fucking hopeless, ruined enjoyment of games and has had repercussions on the quality of officiating right through the leagues.

Granted that the standard of refereeing has never been brilliant, but you could argue that it's worse now. 

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

VAR is a great example of something that sounded great in theory but in reality has been fucking hopeless, ruined enjoyment of games and has had repercussions on the quality of officiating right through the leagues.

Granted that the standard of refereeing has never been brilliant, but you could argue that it's worse now. 

Yeah before guys the likes of that referee would have never got any higher up the pyramid than league 1..

13 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

This is wholly true but it is a spectacular example of how Scottish football in particular is utterly corrupt that it's been orders of magnitude more disruptive in games that might theoretically affect the Old Firm than in the whole of the English Premier League.

4 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

200.gif?cid=ff874017vxc26lk4bvvo8by4e3ry

Pretty sure one of your coaches got booked at some point. Neither dugout was happy with the ref. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Pretty sure one of your coaches got booked at some point. Neither dugout was happy with the ref. 

Think it was the sub  who was just about to be brought on Allan Power that got booked 

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

Think it was the sub  who was just about to be brought on Allan Power that got booked 

it was Sky Sports had it as Power booked before he had came on