The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Unfortunately our board also lacked the ruthless streak to fire Bullen and most of the squad into the sea after the playoffs.

It's looking likely this is how it is!! The decisions so far are not ones of a board looking at a top 4 finish next season and if this titbit is true, then it will most certainly show there's very little ambition. I could also see brown leaving if it turns out all alone that L.B. had no choice and these decisions were being made on some sort of Nice guy sliding scale. I'm utterly fearfully at the moment and pretty sure I can spend my season ticket, shop purchase, pre and post match drinks, halftime draw tics, match programme and pie and bovril money on another, deserving hobby.... they really cannot be this thick!!

17 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Unfortunately our board also lacked the ruthless streak to fire Bullen and most of the squad into the sea after the playoffs.

Billy Dodds last season, employment law has kind of caught up with football at a full time level and you have to have grounds for releasing players now. You can’t just say, your shite, get out. There has to be performance targets in place and levels to be met. 

Much like with Bullen, dreadful watch for the most part but if you were to look at his achievements on paper, we probably sacked him at the right time. First season, kept us up, target met. Second season, finished second, reached quarter final, target overachieved. Third season, sustained period in the bottom three, sustained winless period, target not met and he’s punted.
Most folk would have had him out the door after the Thistle games.  

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Billy Dodds last season, employment law has kind of caught up with football at a full time level and you have to have grounds for releasing players now. You can’t just say, your shite, get out. There has to be performance targets in place and levels to be met. 

Much like with Bullen, dreadful watch for the most part but if you were to look at his achievements on paper, we probably sacked him at the right time. First season, kept us up, target met. Second season, finished second, reached quarter final, target overachieved. Third season, sustained period in the bottom three, sustained winless period, target not met and he’s punted.

Of course you can get rid of players for being shite if their contracts are up… 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Yes Bullen did overachieve last season, but in most jobs I'd bet that if you did something that caused your employers as much embarrassment as the playoffs did then you'd get fired.

9 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Surprised more hasn't been said about Clarke

Came charging out at the free kick into a crowd of 6ft+ BFG's compared to him and ended up doing a superman impression getting nowhere mear the ball. 

I could literally just see his head..

Good shot stopper but teams are starting to expose the massive weakness at set pieces with his lack of yep

Yep dont rate him,sticks to his line and has cost us a few goals since coming in

17 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I have a hard time believing there's truth in any of this. 

Wonder what will happen with Rose. He's certainly had a good return of goals in his loan spell at Hamilton, but he struggled for any sort of consistency in the Championship. Worth keeping? 

22 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Of course you can get rid of players for being shite if their contracts are up… 

Paul Smith hasn’t played much, if you look at his stats, he’s probably not met the criteria for a contract renewal. They can easily justify releasing him at the end of his deal. 
Amartey might want to leave and is willing to part company with the club to benefit his career. 
If a player is shite and doesn’t make his targets, like tackles won or pass completion etc then they are shite and can be released. Part time will be different. 

I can’t remember the Inverness player but Inverness released a statement as to why they did nothing wrong in releasing him and ticked all boxes. 

I wonder if we might start all three of Amartey, Chalmers and Murphy on Saturday… 

I can’t see both Bryden and McKenzie dropping out but I think we want our most creative players on the pitch/those that commit defenders. 

Hopefully McHugh is ready to start too, as he makes a big difference to our control of games. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Paul Smith hasn’t played much, if you look at his stats, he’s probably not met the criteria for a contract renewal. They can easily justify releasing him at the end of his deal. 
Amartey might want to leave and is willing to part company with the club to benefit his career. 
If a player is shite and doesn’t make his targets, like tackles won or pass completion etc then they are shite and can be released. Part time will be different. 

I can’t remember the Inverness player but Inverness released a statement as to why they did nothing wrong in releasing him and ticked all boxes. 

It was Shane Sutherland and it was because they released him whilst he was still injured and didn’t commit to helping him recover and rehab. He said it was wrong the way they did it. 

If a contract is up you aren’t under any obligation to offer an extension. If there are clauses in the contract such as appearances made resulting in a new contract then that’s different. We have kept the likes of Paul Smith on the same way that we kept Finn Ecrepont. We were hoping and praying they would come good. If Brown didn’t want Reading then he wouldn’t be here next season. 

Just now, super_carson said:

Wonder what will happen with Rose. He's certainly had a good return of goals in his loan spell at Hamilton, but he struggled for any sort of consistency in the Championship. Worth keeping? 

Hamilton have either persevered with him and he’s came good, their style suits him or league one is his level. 

He showed very little with us that we are the right team for him. We could expect a fee if he went to Hamilton in the summer or he does pre-season with us, Brown gets a proper look at him and he stays or goes out on loan again. 

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I wonder if we might start all three of Amartey, Chalmers and Murphy on Saturday… 

I can’t see both Bryden and McKenzie dropping out but I think we want our most creative players on the pitch/those that commit defenders. 

Hopefully McHugh is ready to start too, as he makes a big difference to our control of games. 

Contrary to what has been said or reported, following the above process, the club spoke to Shane Sutherland face to face at a proper formal meeting at the stadium and sadly had to inform him that no new contract would be offered for a number of football reasons," it read.
"He then had the opportunity to appeal that decision, like every player has at all 42 SPFL clubs, if they have been there for 2 years or more. He did not appeal that decision.
"What then has to happen by law is that the decision is both emailed and sent out in a letter to the player.
"Again, we strictly follow the law and use the template letters supplied to us by the SPFL. Most clubs were unaware of this fairly recent UK employment law development but these are the facts of what happened in this case and it is unfortunate that so many people wrongly criticise the club without knowing those facts.

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:
Contrary to what has been said or reported, following the above process, the club spoke to Shane Sutherland face to face at a proper formal meeting at the stadium and sadly had to inform him that no new contract would be offered for a number of football reasons," it read.
"He then had the opportunity to appeal that decision, like every player has at all 42 SPFL clubs, if they have been there for 2 years or more. He did not appeal that decision.
"What then has to happen by law is that the decision is both emailed and sent out in a letter to the player.
"Again, we strictly follow the law and use the template letters supplied to us by the SPFL. Most clubs were unaware of this fairly recent UK employment law development but these are the facts of what happened in this case and it is unfortunate that so many people wrongly criticise the club without knowing those facts.

Uh huh

None of this would stop us releasing players for simply not being good enough. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Uh huh

None of this would stop us releasing players for simply not being good enough. 

I’m not sure if this is a grudge thing or not but here goes.

As detailed in the quote I posted, new legislation brought in, means that a player who has been at the club for more that two years has a right to appeal if they are not offered a new contract. This is a legal process. This means that the club has to have grounds to NOT offer a contract that isn’t simply Mathie saying to the player - cause yer shite. Otherwise, because of the law, a player could take the club to a tribunal. So any reason would have to stand up to scrutiny. Or the player might know themselves that it is time to move on and a conversation is had. 

This happens outside of football as well. If there is a workforce reduction and you are told to leave, you have the right to fight your case as to why you are losing your job rather than someone else if you feel you outperform someone. 

At no point did I say that you can no longer free any players ever again. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I’m not sure if this is a grudge thing or not but here goes.

As detailed in the quote I posted, new legislation brought in, means that a player who has been at the club for more that two years has a right to appeal if they are not offered a new contract. This is a legal process. This means that the club has to have grounds to NOT offer a contract that isn’t simply Mathie saying to the player - cause yer shite. Otherwise, because of the law, a player could take the club to a tribunal. So any reason would have to stand up to scrutiny. Or the player might know themselves that it is time to move on and a conversation is had. 

This happens outside of football as well. If there is a workforce reduction and you are told to leave, you have the right to fight your case as to why you are losing your job rather than someone else if you feel you outperform someone. 

At no point did I say that you can no longer free any players ever again. 

They obviously won’t word as such but they can absolutely word it in a way where a player will accept it. No player is appealing that to stay at a club where they aren’t wanted. 

As for the weird grudge comment, if you don’t want me to reply to your posts in disagreement I don’t know what you’re expecting.