The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

A point on Saturday combined with defeat for Queens Park guarantees safety if my dodgy maths are right

If that happens you could see Dowds commit next week.

Raith are going to have the same issue as us last season in that it could be another 6 weeks  until they know which league they'll be in next season

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

He signed for Ayr when our forward options were Rose, McKenzie and Bryden. Akinyemi had left and we were desperate. We signed a guy who wasn’t good enough for a team that finished below us in the league last year and didn’t hit double figures in goals until this month, three of those came in the same game. I don’t think it deserves your faux outrage to suggest that he wouldn’t be a regular in some of the teams in this league. 
Dowds needed games and we had no other viable options. It was a perfect storm. 

He's the joint 4th top scorer in the league.  His goals per game stands up well to the rest of the top 5.  

Watt

12 goals in 33 games  = 0.36 goals per game

Dowds

12 goals in 26 games = 0.46 goals per game

Paton

16 goals in 33 games = 0.48 goals per game

Moult

17 goals in 30 games = 0.57 goals per game

Graham

18 goals in 31 games = 0.58 goals per game

12 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

He's the joint 4th top scorer in the league.  His goals per game stands up well to the rest of the top 5.  

Watt

12 goals in 33 games  = 0.36 goals per game

Dowds

12 goals in 26 games = 0.46 goals per game

Paton

16 goals in 33 games = 0.48 goals per game

Moult

17 goals in 30 games = 0.57 goals per game

Graham

18 goals in 31 games = 0.58 goals per game

At no point have I said he’s shite or doesn’t score goals, or I don’t want him to play for Ayr. 

Only reason to call it a failure is if the club could have done more to keep a player, I assume they have within the framework that they are working with. 
We may have offered him something as you say. But what we can’t know is what his goal is, he started pro football a little late and would appear to have back up plan if it all goes pear shaped.

Think Dunfermline, Falkirk and potentially Livingston (although their financial Situation is unclear) could pay more as well.

The balance of power is probably with the player in this case. 

Edited by Ayrmail

35 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He signed for Ayr when our forward options were Rose, McKenzie and Bryden. Akinyemi had left and we were desperate. We signed a guy who wasn’t good enough for a team that finished below us in the league last year and didn’t hit double figures in goals until this month, three of those came in the same game. I don’t think it deserves your faux outrage to suggest that he wouldn’t be a regular in some of the teams in this league. 
Dowds needed games and we had no other viable options. It was a perfect storm. 

It's not faux outrage, it's just bafflement that this is a comment made at 10am on a Thursday morning at not at 3am on a Sunday morning.

26 minutes ago, Thumper said:

It's not faux outrage, it's just bafflement that this is a comment made at 10am on a Thursday morning at not at 3am on a Sunday morning.

It is. A player who’d scored 16 goals in 72 games since joining Falkirk, joins Ayr and he could well beat that number in one short season since joining Ayr. 
if you are befuddled and think I am drunk for suggesting that when he joined Ayr and we had no other viable options that we had to persevere with a forward with a scoring record of an average midfielder then I am calling Faux outrage. 

Re Dowds, is it possible for him to play with Thistle again in the playoffs? Tomi injured, if Graham picked up a knock say against us, our season ends but not in playoffs can Thistle extend his contract for a month and play him? 
just curious if that is allowed (not extending I know that is possible) but could he play?

2 minutes ago, Ayrmail said:

Re Dowds, is it possible for him to play with Thistle again in the playoffs? Tomi injured, if Graham picked up a knock say against us, our season ends but not in playoffs can Thistle extend his contract for a month and play him? 
just curious if that is allowed (not extending I know that is possible) but could he play?

No, he cant re-register for Thistle. They would have had to have taken him back during the window. 

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

No, he cant re-register for Thistle. They would have had to have taken him back during the window. 

I take what you are saying is correct, I noticed that he signed for thistle on the 1st of July so presumably ends end of June and that thought entered my head, thanks for clarifying.

2 minutes ago, Ayrmail said:

I take what you are saying is correct, I noticed that he signed for thistle on the 1st of July so presumably ends end of June and that thought entered my head, thanks for clarifying.

He's free to speak to other teams once he's less than six months left on his contract. 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He's free to speak to other teams once he's less than six months left on his contract. 

Anton is no spring chicken ,maybe four years left in his football career . I don't think its all about the money with him , as he'll make plenty in his career after the game ,so lets get him in on a three year deal with an option and the boy can just concentrate on playing every week with the Super Ayr . Hopefully Brown has the ability to get this done and get him a high end no10 to play beside .

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Yes that’s my understanding too, it was the fact that our last game is the 3rd May and thistle could still have 6games to play. Not sure when those games would finish and I assume he can’t sign a contract until the 1st of July.