The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Rose was poor for us, he did very little when he was given the opportunity. He’s been scoring against part time teams in league one and maybe that’s his level. If Hamilton make a cash offer, as little as it may be, I’d take it.
If there is no offer, he’ll be back in and Brown can assess him properly rather than looking at a spreadsheet about him and maybe he’ll be given another chance or moved on in one way or another. 
If we are keeping the majority of a poor defence and the midfield 3. The budget needs to be spent on quality, I’d rather keep Musonda and sign a centre half on spec from England than sign Sanders. I’d rather we had Clark than Mutch, with another keeper. 

I am hoping that there is a big launch for the general sale of season tickets on Monday, maybe next seasons kit and a couple of players signed on to push the narrative of investing in the club. Hopefully after achieving safety.

i don't think Rose was as bad as some people say at least from a goal contributions side of things 5 Goals and 3 Assists which is equal to what Bryden has done so far this season thou obviously two different strikers with varies of expereince/expectancy, i don't think Rose would be bad as a 3rd choice behind Dowds and hopefully another top quality striker but be surprised if he was still with us come start of the league season

9 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

What a fucking player Luke McCowan has become.

Travesty we never got a penny for him

We hardly played him at times.  Glad for him he has gone on and done well.

25 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

What a fucking player Luke McCowan has become.

Travesty we never got a penny for him

I was thinking about him while watching the game tonight, I don’t have the same emotional connection with him as I do with Crawford or Forrest. I think it’s down to his breakout season being the Covid season when everyone was watching from A Pixelot stream. 

The number of quality players we had in those few years, frightening to look back on now. McCowan was almost an after thought at the time but he did grow in to the team eventually. 

As for Rose coming back next season, I would rather he did not🤣

1 minute ago, Shibuya said:

The number of quality players we had in those few years, frightening to look back on now. McCowan was almost an after thought at the time but he did grow in to the team eventually. 

As for Rose coming back next season, I would rather he did not🤣

I think that is maybe one of the reasons behind McCallister getting a new deal. He is a committed player, someone who wants to win. Stevie Bell and Jamie Adams were limited players who would run through walls to win, we also had quality like Kerr in the team and guys who were trying to prove a point. 

We don’t have many winners in the team and haven’t for a few years. Dowds, McCallister, Dempsey, Bryden, Murdoch….

McGinty is a good captain, win, lose or draw, comes over to the touch line at the end of every game where the majority of the team are giving a golf clap in the centre circle. There are big strides that can be made in engagement. 

However, we feel Arbroath have, so to speak, downed tools and won't pick up any more points which will cost us in the run-in.

“When I said we needed three wins, I didn’t realise two teams around about us still had to play Arbroath. If those teams had to play someone else, I’d be more confident.

Big Dunc blaming Arbroath for the predicament Inverness are in is very amusing. Dafty.

1. I don't think it's fair to say that Rose has only been scoring against part-time teams. He was scoring against Falkirk, in a game he was playing for Hamilton; chances are both of them will be in this division next season.
  2. I get the absolute fear whenever people suggest that potential strikers might be "competing" with Bryden and McKenzie for a position. If Bryden or McKenzie are seen as a better attacking option than a given forward at this moment in time (as opposed to when Bryden arrives back from the future with a leather jacket and an eye patch as Cyber-Bryden) then that striker can be considered to have failed at their job.
  3. Comparing Stevie Bell and Jamie Adams to Nick McAllister is a far more grevious insult than comparing any given striker to Bryden.

Rose was absolutely guff against us on Saturday and I don't remember him offering anything in the cup game we played earlier in the season. 

Took his two goals well against us in the previous games but they were gifts from us as opposed to him doing anything of note. 

Any murmurings of where Dowds is ending up next? Was a lazy news report in Jan/Feb linking him with Kilmarnock but I've not seen anything since then.

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

Comparing Stevie Bell and Jamie Adams to Nick McAllister is a far more grevious insult than comparing any given striker to Bryden.

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Stevie Bell and Jamie Adams were absolutely fantastic servants for the club. Both were 10 times the player McAllister is.

I was saying he had the same will to win, not that he was in any way a competent footballer 

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Rose was absolutely guff against us on Saturday and I don't remember him offering anything in the cup game we played earlier in the season. 

Took his two goals well against us in the previous games but they were gifts from us as opposed to him doing anything of note. 

Any murmurings of where Dowds is ending up next? Was a lazy news report in Jan/Feb linking him with Kilmarnock but I've not seen anything since then.

Us hopefully. If we don’t sign him, it will be seen as a failure, Brown has said he wants to keep him, Dowds has said he has enjoyed his time at the club but has been non-committal.  He’s lucky he ended up at Ayr at the time he did because I’m not sure other clubs would have persevered with him at this level. 
There are rumours that Raith have made an offer as well. 

47 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He’s lucky he ended up at Ayr at the time he did because I’m not sure other clubs would have persevered with him at this level.

What?

43 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Us hopefully. If we don’t sign him, it will be seen as a failure, 

In your eyes I guess! Not to say I wouldn’t be happy for him to stay.
It is always more complicated players moving on. Mullen, Bell and Muirhead examples of that. 

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

What?

He signed for Ayr when our forward options were Rose, McKenzie and Bryden. Akinyemi had left and we were desperate. We signed a guy who wasn’t good enough for a team that finished below us in the league last year and didn’t hit double figures in goals until this month, three of those came in the same game. I don’t think it deserves your faux outrage to suggest that he wouldn’t be a regular in some of the teams in this league. 
Dowds needed games and we had no other viable options. It was a perfect storm. 

1 minute ago, Ayrmail said:

In your eyes I guess! Not to say I wouldn’t be happy for him to stay.
It is always more complicated players moving on. Mullen, Bell and Muirhead examples of that. 

We could have made him an offer in January and at any point since, maybe we did and he wanted to wait until the end of the season, but he wasn’t scoring regularly and I’m not sure he’d be at the top of many clubs shopping lists. 
if we haven’t convinced him in 8 months that his future is at Ayr then something has gone wrong. The only clubs that will pay him more money are Thistle and Raith. One of them has essentially given him the boot.