The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

I see that's the club advertising for 2 x SLO's as Jamie is stepping down and 1 x DLO.

Whisper it but things off pitch have started promising this summer...

I'd do it for a free gilet.

1 hour ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

To build a better team we need people to go and pay through the gate tho...how can you expect better players if you don't go??

How do you suggest we fund this?

Ideas on a postcard please...

Not this again.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Never watched the film, but the book is in my big "to be read" pile. 

It's extremely short IIRC. Worth powering through. The film (Sheen and Colm Meaney's performances aside) was a wild attempt at making it a feel-good summer movie.

The Clough estate is fair enough in being irate that it portrays Clough as being completely psychotic but considering that he directly led to a player's death they can all join him in hell tbh.

Edited by Thumper

Ayr United: "We're going to work hard to put the squad for next season together quickly"

Also Ayr United:  tumbleweed GIF

17 minutes ago, Iain said:

Ayr United: "We're going to work hard to put the squad for next season together quickly"

Also Ayr United:  tumbleweed GIF

I’m sure the internet stalkers will be keeping tabs on Dowds and Chalmers social media and looking for new followers to the social media accounts. 
I don’t buy in to the, we’ll sign these guys if we don’t go up angle from Raith fans. If I was Dowds and Chalmers and my wages stop shortly, I’d be wanting a guarantee. 

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I’m sure the internet stalkers will be keeping tabs on Dowds and Chalmers social media and looking for new followers to the social media accounts. 
I don’t buy in to the, we’ll sign these guys if we don’t go up angle from Raith fans. If I was Dowds and Chalmers and my wages stop shortly, I’d be wanting a guarantee. 

Don’t think the internet stalkers will get anything from the followers point of view about Dowds and chalmers if they are joining us 

15 hours ago, Superhursty7 said:

With the folk we have in contract and if the likes of Frankie and Paddy etc get new contracts the nucleus of the squad is there, the big thing and the difficult thing that Brown needs to do is make sure every new player coming through that door is a starter and better than what's here already, if he makes sure the 7 or 8 players that come in can do that we will have a shout of at least top 4.

Think we can forget about top 4 next season if we're handing out contracts to Reading and Musonda. The pair of them need binned, particularly Reading.

10 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Don’t think the internet stalkers will get anything from the followers point of view about Dowds and chalmers if they are joining us 

They’ll know when they are back from holiday which is normally a sign. Or one of them gets their picture taken in Jackie O’s

40 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Would anyone have taken McKenna from Arbroath?  See he has signed a 1 year deal at Falkirk.

Nah. 

41 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Would anyone have taken McKenna from Arbroath?  See he has signed a 1 year deal at Falkirk.

Probably not. Very surprised to see Falkirk sign him tbh.

Just now, ecocme said:

As a side note I see Peter Murphy is the new Queen of the South Manager and Robbie Crawford signed a 2 year deal at Partick 

I loved Murphy. Classy defender. 

Also he did this absolute screamer. 50 seconds in.