The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

18 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Not a suprise but Chalmers confirmed leaving Dundee United

IMG_8459.png

Would take McMann, Wotherspoon and Mochrie from that list all 3 would be good signings especially Wotherspoon as we badly need a link between midfield and attack which we haven't really had since Stephen Kelly.

4 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I have absolutely no interest in playing Killie in a friendly tbh. 

Celtic makes complete sense to get an early financial boost, we might as well take full advantage of the manager. Five thousand odd Celtic fans is a lot of money!

The bigotry isn’t worth the cash.

1 hour ago, ComradeDiego said:

Think we drew 1-1, Andy Aitken scored an absolute beauty of an own goal IIRC?

It was an absolute beauty.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Posted with no comment about our recruitment. 

IMG_0524.png

I remember thinking it was weird he was never looked at by us as I think it was Paul Paton who convinced Doolan to go for him.

Were we maybe between managers at that point in time? 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Posted with no comment about our recruitment. 

IMG_0524.png

I’m sure I read it was Gary Fraser who alerted us to him and all - he is from Glasgow and we can offer better wages, so may be that you did have a look and it was just not happening.

I think he’ll go on to (comfortably) be a bottom six level centre half. 

47 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

https://gmfc.net/germany-vs-scotland-cappielow-kickoff/

See Morton are running a night at Cappielow for the Germany v Scotland game.  £20 gets you a pint, get to keep the stein and some food.  Surely something we've looked at doing, would imagine quite a lot would be interested and a fair few quid raked in through the bar?

Now we’re talking

"I am not willing to accept that there will be one player who will always get their game time no matter what"

That'll be why Reading hasn't signed that new contract then.

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

"I am not willing to accept that there will be one player who will always get their game time no matter what"

That'll be why Reading hasn't signed that new contract then.

He's got a point though I don't care if your Messi or McGinty if your not performing there should be some one barking at your ankles to get in the team.

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

George Oakley supposedly leaving a Morton. Wouldn’t mind us having a look a him. 

I’m no 100% on him if I’m honest. He’s clearly important to Morton, but Muirhead has outscored him this season. He’s also not had an assist in any of his games in the championship. Would be a downgrade on Dowds, but an upgrade on Bryden/McKenzie/Rose. Saying that I wouldn’t mind a front 2 of Dowds and Oakley. 

TBF when he left Inverness I felt he would be worth a punt, bit of a hot head  as well been sent off at least twice for Morton, provided we have someone like a Dowds alongside him I reckon he might be worth a try 

2 hours ago, ChristopherMoltisanti said:

Does make you think Brown isn’t going to be content with the nobodies from the National League North and we’re going to have a right go this season, recruitment wise.

Nice name 👌 currently halfway through the series fothe sopranos smoking GIFr a 4th time.  

11 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Nice name 👌 currently halfway through the series fothe sopranos smoking GIFr a 4th time.  

Unlike most other folk, I thought the last episode was absolute genius.

Once it had sunk and I'd had a think about it of course. Best series ever made.

11 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Unlike most other folk, I thought the last episode was absolute genius.

Once it had sunk and I'd had a think about it of course. Best series ever made.

Yes it certainly is .I watched the prequel movie the other week what a lot of shit.