The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Because like most fanbases, we also have our fair share of mouth breathers.

The rest of us know that Morton have arguably the smallest budget in the league whilst Ayr are bankrolled.

Half true, we are bankrolled on infrastructure, playing budget is only what we can afford, boosted by the infrastructure.  

Absolutely delicious between here, the Morton forum and twitter how were throwing silly money about and being bankrolled cause we can offer a better contract to a player than Morton can. The fact of the matter is we have much better revenue streams and funds in place (AU500) to get deals like this done. I’d imagine Partick are offering more than us, but we can offer guranteed game time which will be the clincher. 

5 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

If Thistle are serious about gaining promotion why would they even consider looking at Oakley?

He’d only be backup to Graham. In terms of second choice strikers I don’t think you’d get better than Oakley (or Dowds). 

Just now, Superhursty7 said:

Do we think Dowdes and Oakley can play as a two up front? Or is this Brown wanting two for each position like he's said?

This is very much Oakley instead of Dowds. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Can we not just take Strapp as well? 

After that though we don’t want any more Morton players.

i like strapp but is his agent not the chairman or something ridiculous like that 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Can we not just take Strapp as well? 

Cappielow would be a decent training ground if that’s on offer also.

6 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Do we think Dowdes and Oakley can play as a two up front? Or is this Brown wanting two for each position like he's said?

Probably the Later can see if he brings him and Dowds in then maybe a more wee technical striker then McKenzie as 4th choice (ideally for me Bryden out on loan to get guranteed starting minutes)

3 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Cappielow would be a decent training ground if that’s on offer also.

I’m sure Cappie Cat one the mascot race a couple of years ago. Fire a bid in

20 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Absolutely delicious between here, the Morton forum and twitter how were throwing silly money about and being bankrolled cause we can offer a better contract to a player than Morton can. The fact of the matter is we have much better revenue streams and funds in place (AU500) to get deals like this done. I’d imagine Partick are offering more than us, but we can offer guranteed game time which will be the clincher. 

What's AU500?

Just now, madton said:

What's AU500?

Ayr United 500 club, monthly membership where money goes directly to the player fund. Think it roughly gets us 2 or 3 extra players a season.