The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

And Partick too....

Could be an early indication that Ayr are going to throw silly money about to get promoted next season. 

Great for the fans of course, but rarely ends well

We could realistically have offered less than Partick but he doesn't want to play second fiddle to Brian Graham if that's the case it shows a bit of ambition and he's not just after the cash 

Edited by Superhursty7

2 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

We could realistically have offered less than Partick but he doesn't want to play second fiddle to Brian Graham if that's the case it shows a bit of ambition and he's not just after the cash 

I personally believe like most players he will go where the money is.. 

3 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Could also be that Partick's offer reflected that they saw him as a supporting option and not a regular starter.

Jordan Houston has signed for Clyde tonight. Sounds like a potentially decent signing for League Two and obviously McCall and Kerr know him. Should he do a job for us plodders down in the basement league?

Just now, AyrAtlanta said:

Not a clue that’s all I was told. But I was told directly from someone who definitely has seen them. Away similar to Albion Rovers was the wording.

Hopefully more Eddie Annand scoring v Hibs than Ian Nicholson and the lads getting relegated

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Iain said:

Could also be that Partick's offer reflected that they saw him as a supporting option and not a regular starter.

I'd say that's more likely. If Partick needed him to replace Graham it would be a different story, but his value to Ayr as a starter is more than Partick's as a squad player.

Not being guaranteed regular football I'm sure would also be a factor though.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

4 minutes ago, Replays said:

Jordan Houston has signed for Clyde tonight. Sounds like a potentially decent signing for League Two and obviously McCall and Kerr know him. Should he do a job for us plodders down in the basement league?

Aye will be fine in that league. Hope he does well. He struggled defending in 1v1s but it’s unlikely he’ll be up against anyone good enough to seriously trouble him in League 2. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye will be fine in that league. Hope he does well. He struggled defending in 1v1s but it’s unlikely he’ll be up against anyone good enough to seriously trouble him in League 2. 

Still can’t believe we paid money for him

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Still can’t believe we paid money for him

Rangers putting a buy back clause in the transfer is arguably even worse.

Just now, Jamie_M said:

That's Imrie saying WTF is the tele boy talking such shite for. Right?

If it isn’t, then I think Ayr should absolutely be using that in the signing announcement. 

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

That's Imrie saying WTF is the tele boy talking such shite for. Right?

In my overreaching analysis, Oakley has agreed to sign for Ayr and hasn’t told Morton yet and your boy Dodds has found out and broke the news and this is Imrie finding out…

More thank likely this is all just smoke and mirrors and Oakley hasn’t actually signed and the last 5 pages or so have just been hilariously pointless. 

Just now, callum-ayr said:

In my overreaching analysis, Oakley has agreed to sign for Ayr and hasn’t told Morton yet and your boy Dodds has found out and broke the news and this is Imrie finding out…

More thank likely this is all just smoke and mirrors and Oakley hasn’t actually signed and the last 5 pages or so have just been hilariously pointless. 

You’d have thought that the guy was told by someone at the club as is usually the case with local journalists.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

You’d have thought that the guy was told by someone at the club as is usually the case with local journalists.

Would more than likely have found out from the likes of Burns or VOR who I imagine all talk and move in the same circles. 

Maybe Oakley will be wandering in to Morton for contract talks tomorrow with a Daily Record under his arm. Much the same as Graham and McKay did to us last season. 

If we are signing him, I'd guess that Dowds is joining another team and earning more money that we can pay. Oakley would almost be a direct replacement that we can afford.  

If not, why aren't we just signing Dowds.