The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Explain?

You think Scott Brown is sitting in Dubai oblivious to the 8th tier diddies Mathie is phoning up? He’ll be here because he’ll have the reins. Therefore it’s a clean slate and the last few years have little bearing.

4 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

You think Scott Brown is sitting in Dubai oblivious to the 8th tier diddies Mathie is phoning up? He’ll be here because he’ll have the reins. Therefore it’s a clean slate and the last few years have little bearing.

I wasn't aware it was made public that Brown had complete control now over transfers, and the previous policy had been completely ripped up. Not counting factors like location and wages which can't be "clean slated" but never mind all that...

11 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I wasn't aware it was made public that Brown had complete control now over transfers, and the previous policy had been completely ripped up. Not counting factors like location and wages which can't be "clean slated" but never mind all that...

If location is a factor in our poor transfer record then we should probably just liquidate and stop wasting everyone’s time.

8 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

If location is a factor in our poor transfer record then we should probably just liquidate and stop wasting everyone’s time.

Surprised this comes as news to you considering how often it's mentioned on here.

I don’t mind us going to the English non-leagues every once in a while but not as a main priority our best buisness this season was shock and horror going for players in the Scottish signed 7 players from there  

Jamie Murphy - great signing

George Stanger - good signing 

Anton Dowds - good signing 

Logan Chalmers - good signing 

Jack Sanders - decent signing (was poor but improved near the end)

Robbie Mutch - decent signing (was brought in to be number 2 and has been okay in that role)

Aiden McGeady - not good (only outlier thou his priority is on his backstage role)

as long as we prioritise on strengthening our squad with players from the Scottish leagues and then take risks on the English non-leagues for squad depth I don’t mind it

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Surprised this comes as news to you considering how often it's mentioned on here.

Mentioning it on here doesn’t make it true. For every East Coast player who would rather sign for a Raith or Dunfermline due to location, there’s a West Coast player who’d rather sign for Ayr.

We’re not out in the sticks. Our neighbours up the road do just fine and Ross County have held their own amongst clubs spending equally as much as them.

Edited by AyrAtlanta

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Surely fans could  wait to see the first couple of signings before saying things will just be same old same old ,

The one thing you can say is the noises coming from the club are better than last summer but that’s only because they were completely silent from the playoffs until about July. I think next week we could start seeing some movement and then hopefully we can start to feel a bit of promise about next season. 

Call me a happy clapper all you want but even though it's all just rumours and speculation I am happier at the type of players we are getting linked with, let's at least let the transfer window open properly before we start panicking.

16 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Surely fans could  wait to see the first couple of signings before saying things will just be same old same old ,

As I said in my previous post fans are always going to be sceptical given the way the past few windows have went. What are the club doing that suggests this is going be any different? It’s still the same members of staff that are overseeing it AFAIK apart from Brown in for Bullen. 

Don’t get me wrong the links with Oakley etc is promising but until they are pictured with the scarf above the head fans have every right to be sceptical. The club haven’t done anything to earn goodwill in that department. 

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

No. Not until the transfer window closes and all business is done. I'm basing this on past experience, not hopes and dreams.

12 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

No. Not until the transfer window closes and all business is done. I'm basing this on past experience, not hopes and dreams.

Nothing wrong with that , I prefer to look to the future than live in the past , each to there own and none of us are wrong in our thoughts 

14 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Nothing wrong with that , I prefer to look to the future than live in the past , each to there own and none of us are wrong in our thoughts 

There are definitely people with wrong thoughts out there 🫣

32 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Willie Gibson has replaced Peter Murphy at Annan

Get your money on the 10th team in league one now

image.png

Was he not sacked at QOS because he racially abused someone in Tesco? What happened with that he was to appear in court over that and can’t find anything online 

13 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Was he not sacked at QOS because he racially abused someone in Tesco? What happened with that he was to appear in court over that and can’t find anything online 

He gave a really embarrassing interview about it where he thinks the club shouldn't have sacked him over it despite being charged with acting in a threatening and abusive manner - link 

Mr Gibson was cleared of a racism allegation in court after trial, but found guilty of causing a disturbance at a Tesco petrol station. The case concluded on November 17, 2023 at Dumfries Sheriff Court and the former Queens man was ordered to pay the supermarket employee £500 compensation for behaving in a threatening and abusive manner. Sheriff Colm Dempsey ruled it was not racially motivated.

Gibson said of the August 14 incident: I was very confident l'd get the verdict got.

He's saying that like he's an innocent man who has just been ruled such :lol: