The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I remember being absolutely buzzing when we pumped Motherwell 4-0 in a friendly and thought we would win the league. 😂

The only thing I remember from that game is Merengi, who was playing wide left, sauntered across the park while the ball was in open play, game going on around him, and told Roberts he was coming off and went and sat on the bench. 

Edited by diegomarahenry

18 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I remember being absolutely buzzing when we pumped Motherwell 4-0 in a friendly and thought we would win the league. 😂

My brother is a 'Well fan, he came with me to that game, in with the Ayr fans... Good day ha! And then...... 

I'll go with him to R*gby P*rk now and again when 'Well are playing them. It's great getting the 'Well lads chanting D.K.B's at them 🫡

34 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Always remember games when Martyn Campbell scores

IMG_8705.png

13 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

My brother is a 'Well fan, he came with me to that game, in with the Ayr fans... Good day ha! And then...... 

I'll go with him to R*gby P*rk now and again when 'Well are playing them. It's great getting the 'Well lads chanting D.K.B's at them 🫡

How did your brother come to support the Well while you support Ayr?

2 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

IMG_8705.png

Big Bobo was an absolute unit. Shame he had chocolate knees and such horrendous luck with injuries. 

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Big Bobo was an absolute unit. Shame he had chocolate knees and such horrendous luck with injuries. 

Always felt if he never was injury prone he would probably not have stayed at Ayr for a testimonial and would have been gone sooner thou could be wrong 

Just now, muZZa__44 said:

Always felt if he never was injury prone he would probably not have stayed at Ayr for a testimonial and would have been gone sooner thou could be wrong 

Yeah, plus I don't think he would have been playing for a Second Division/League One team for so long if he wasn't injury prone. When he was fit he was good.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

How did your brother come to support the Well while you support Ayr?

He wanted to support a 'bigger' team outside the O.F. he's supported them for over 30yr now mate. He still comes to Somerset a few times a seaon and supports the Super 😉

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

11 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

He wanted to support a 'bigger' team outside the O.F. he's supported them for over 30yr now mate. He still comes to Somerset a few times a seaon and supports the Super 😉

Was trying to remember when we last played Motherwell in a competitive game. Was it the 4-3 Scottish Cup game in either 1999 or 2000? I don't remember us playing them after that apart from a couple of friendlies.

5 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Was trying to remember when we last played Motherwell in a competitive game. Was it the 4-3 Scottish Cup game in either 1999 or 2000? I don't remember us playing them after that apart from a couple of friendlies.

Think we played them in the league cup group stages in the early days after the group stages were started. 

42 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

IMG_8705.png

Was Mark Campbell his big brother? Dalzeal payed something like £100k for him but he was also really unlucky with injuries, I'm sure at one point when he was with us he was linked with Arsenal.

2 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Was Mark Campbell his big brother? Dalzeal payed something like £100k for him but he was also really unlucky with injuries, I'm sure at one point when he was with us he was linked with Arsenal.

Aye, I'm sure they were related. Both good players. Imagine any team in scotland splashing £100K now on anybody. 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Yup, that was the last competitive fixture between the sides.

Don't think we've ever had them in the league cup groups, despite having almost every other eligible team in the West / South west due to the regionalised groups they ran for a bit.

It must be one of the longest runs between competitive fixtures for any club that we have come up against previously. 24 years and 3 months at this point.

Edited by AUcal

35 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Yup, that was the last competitive fixture between the sides.

Don't think we've ever had them in the league cup groups, despite having almost every other eligible team in the West / South west due to the regionalised groups they ran for a bit.

It must be one of the longest runs between competitive fixtures for any club that we have come up against previously. 24 years and 3 months at this point.

I think Motherwell must be the only team we haven't played in a competitive fixture since I started going to games (apart from those teams that have come up via the pyramid). The Scottish Cup game was the season before I started going.

I know we have not been in the same league as them during that time, but the fact we have also managed to avoid them in all cup competitions for all this time is crazy.

8 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I think Motherwell must be the only team we haven't played in a competitive fixture since I started going to games (apart from those teams that have come up via the pyramid). The Scottish Cup game was the season before I started going.

This is pretty much the same for me, but also Celtic. I started going just after the cup runs of the late 90's / very early 2000's. 

4 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

i was just a month old when we last played Motherwell

9 months for me. 

Feels like we just missed out on some really good times 😂. We were then treated to years of obscurity in Division 2 / League 1 with occasionally escapes for a season at a time to the 2nd tier.

Motherwell

Celtic

Bonnyrigg Rose

Spartans

Must be the only teams we haven't played in the last 10 years.  

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Motherwell

Celtic

Bonnyrigg Rose

Spartans

Must be the only teams we haven't played in the last 10 years.  

Replace us with Celtic and add in Annan or Stranraer and that's a cracker of a League Cup group :lol:

8 minutes ago, AUcal said:

9 months for me. 

Feels like we just missed out on some really good times 😂. We were then treated to years of obscurity in Division 2 / League 1 with occasionally escapes for a season at a time to the 2nd tier.

I feel bad for any Ayr fan who missed out on watching Glynn Hurst in the flesh.