The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Posted (edited)

How many times in recent seasons have fans been moaning about not making money / not taking advantage of assets? Losing all of the McCall squad for f**k all, missing opportunities to get big crowds in for important games etc - here we have the perfect gimme. Thousands of folk wanted to chuck us £20 a head for a game that means absolutely f**k all.

We're not installing a celtic store in our stadium like St Mirren, we're not singing the billy boys but changing a couple words, we're just taking money off folk that for some reason are delighted to pay a decent entrance fee to watch what will most likely be a couple of first team players and some youth players play a meaningless game.

I dislike the old firm as much anyone, but its a perfect opportunity to fill the coffers a bit. The game doesn't matter, for most Ayr fans, the first competitive fixture with the North Stand in use will be the one that matters. 

At least half the folk in the away end will be from Ayrshire anyway - if these c***s have no interest in supporting their local community club then why not at least take some money off them. I don't really get how raging some folk are about it (not on here, i might add). 

I won't be in the country at the time - which may be contributing to how little I care.

Edited by AUcal

30 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Wonder is announcing Dowds on Saturday was strategic, Brown was doing media for the Scottish cup final and then playing in the legends game on Sunday for Celtic. Announcing Dowds in the morning kind of removed the "whits he daen at the Scottish cup final? he should be concentrating on Ayr" element that would have came out. 

If it was deliberate, the club is learning. 

l0IykOsxLECVejOzm.gif

52 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Who we still waiting on, just Musonda?

Heard Partick made him an offer. 

50 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Musonda and technically Chalmers 

Jack Sanders too. 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Raith fans seem to think Chalmers is heading there.

I heard somewhere else from someone who is not wrong too often  ( though no one is correct 100% ) 

Edited by Finlay21

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

The fact @Lanky Highlander has liked it and i had heard in the past it was between us and Ross County i presume he's going to the highlands, not entirely sure he's premiership level tbh

They were not 1 of the 2 teams I heard 

Edited by Finlay21

8 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Rumoured to have signed a pca with us, we'll soon find out

You were in the running ( might happen if something has changed in last 3 days )