The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, railwayend said:

If we had sold out the North Terrace you might have an argument! We haven’t though . Maybe it’s just time for Ayr “fans” to stop talking shit and start buying tickets . 

"Fans" - Bolt with that.

14 minutes ago, railwayend said:

If we had sold out the North Terrace you might have an argument! We haven’t though . Maybe it’s just time for Ayr “fans” to stop talking shit and start buying tickets . 

He’s right. If your sole reason for not attending is because it’s one of the Old Firm then it’s a bit pathetic. It’s a match involving Ayr United, and a fairly historic one at that. That should be enough reason.

It’s one game, sell the sre to the  Celtic fans. No point in opening it for 2/300 home fans might as well sell 3000 (if that’s what it holds )to them and get a bigger pay day for the club. Could be the difference of a new player coming in or not coming in 

58 minutes ago, Nelson said:

ome folk will get upset about anything.  It’s a pre-season friendly.  Go or don’t go.

I would rather see the seggie fence cut down and Ayr fans occupy the entire North Stand and terracing and give Celtic the SRE than have them in the end sections of the NortStand etc . 
For the guys who don’t want to go to Somerset for games v Celtic and Rangers  , will the boycott include games in the Premiership should we go up ? 

This is very different from a league game, which i would go to at Ayr but wouldn't set foot in either of the OF grounds. 

This is an optional friendly and an opportunity for Ayrshire Septic fans to spaff their loads over Scott Brown. I'm not being part of that.

Everyone is more than welcome to have their own opinion on it. That's mine. Also didn't go to the cup game at Ibrox because I just really really didn't want to. So i didn't.

19 minutes ago, railwayend said:

I would rather see the seggie fence cut down and Ayr fans occupy the entire North Stand and terracing and give Celtic the SRE than have them in the end sections of the NortStand etc . 
For the guys who don’t want to go to Somerset for games v Celtic and Rangers  , will the boycott include games in the Premiership should we go up ? 

I agree, the segregation fence should be taken down permanently. Railway end plus west stand is ample for any away support. 

25 minutes ago, railwayend said:

No, I would attend competitive games against them but not going to a friendly. 

14 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

This is very different from a league game, which i would go to at Ayr but wouldn't set foot in either of the OF grounds. 

I tend to agree , I’m in no hurray to go to ibrox or Parkhead .

16 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

This is an optional friendly and an opportunity for Ayrshire Septic fans to spaff their loads over Scott Brown. I'm not being part of tha

Don’t care about them .

16 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Everyone is more than welcome to have their own opinion on it. That's mine. Also didn't go to the cup game at Ibrox because I just really really didn't want to. So i didn't.

Fair enough. I was there when the floodlights went on against Newcastle . Certainly going to see the Stand opening . Each to their own . However in order to go to the next level we really need to get into buying tickets faster and in greater numbers . If the North Terrace was sold out then Davie Smith would be under pressure to get that fence down (a big issue for me) or open the SRE to Ayr fans ! The North Terrace at this point is not sold out ! Say what you like about the Pot Lickers up the road but if they were in our position the sold out signs would have been up by now . We will need to close that gap sharpish ! 

Posted (edited)

I've bought tickets for the boy and I against That lot. Just to be clear, I hate both sides of the old firm, passionately. However.....I'm an Ayr United fan and my boy is too. I'm going to the ground of my home team to support them regardless of the opposition.

Taking the Somerset road end away from Ayr fans should be considered a crime imo. It's worse when you consider that you'd be filling it with green and white sheep, merely for a pre season friendly.

The signings made so far have been great. Scott Brown certainly looks like he's gonna bring together a team to compete next season. I'd be more concerned with fitness and giving the boys a run around, than trying to defeat one of the Glasgow uglies for shits and giggles.

Regardless of the money Ayr could potentially receive if the SRE was green and white temporarily....... That's Ayr fan territory. Taking that away from Ayr fans who religiously stand there week in, week out,  would be embarrassing imo.

It is what it is. A pre season *friendly* and should be treated as such.

Edited by Roxanne's man

Some would say the railway end was our traditional home end 😳

I get that some would rather stick pins in their eyes than watch either of the arse cheeks.

I really do not want to be sitting in the new north stand and watch Celtic fans in the home end, but I also know that I will forget about it when the next game comes around - and if it means another Fri-yay soon, or in January, I will sit and suffer for 90 mins for the greater cause and the bigger picture.

I really do wish that it wasn’t an issue, and we were filling it ourselves, but it’s obviously too soon for us to be even contemplating that - maybe soon 🙏🏻

Celtic could sell out Somerset 2/3 times over . Get as many of them in as possible and take as much money off them as possible. Move on .potentially 2 really good players from what they will make from this match.

I’m not sure people can be criticised for now buying tickets for a friendly that’s over a month away, I’ve not even contemplated whether I’ll attend or not. 

I don’t care about giving up the SRE, and quite happy to take the cash. There could potentially be a compromise by just giving Celtic half the North Terrace and the entirety of the old stand or something. 

Assuming it’s too late to do that now though. 

4 hours ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Agree. Don’t care if it’s a money spinning friendly. There is a point where you go “aye, I’ll take your money. But there is a bit of pride here” The SRE is the home stand that’s it. It’s undignified to be hooring it out. Makes us look utterly tinpot at a time when we’re doing all we can to shake that off. 

Nobody said any of this when we gave Rangers the north terrace plenty times.  

8 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Any suggestion where Obileye is off too? He’s one I’d definitely take if he’s willing to make the step down. 

Talk was Motherwell, Dundee linked too. IMO Obileye needs a good defender or two around him to allow his obvious flaws to not be a huge problem. Namely the fact he cannot use his left foot at all, he'll constantly try to turn onto his right but it's a pain when he's being closed down.

11 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

The use of “them” and “that lot” is really opening my eyes to who peoples big teams are. 

I have referred to the OF in both of these terms on here. It would be very very weird if you were suggesting this somehow makes me a Rangers fan.