The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

41 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

He is a decent player mate, we missed him since he fell out with Murray 

Not too sure what happened between him and Murray but I think it went down after he got sent off at airdrie. I know him vaguely through family apparently it will all come out soon though. 

5 minutes ago, United1973 said:

Largely  dissapointed with the transfer window so far. Need at least 6 decent players in 

Time Will tell if the players in are upgrades. 
The defence was honking and we have done zip to fix that yet, but it’s only the 10th of June and apart from Strapp, there’s not many decent defenders floating about for free. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Time Will tell if the players in are upgrades. 
The defence was honking and we have done zip to fix that yet, but it’s only the 10th of June and apart from Strapp, there’s not many decent defenders floating about for free. 

Agree with all you say but there hasmd two years to recruit rb and left back

46 minutes ago, United1973 said:

Largely  dissapointed with the transfer window so far. Need at least 6 decent players in 

Maybe best to at least wait until the transfer window opens on Friday to be disappointed.

I actually cant remember any year when we have been in a better position this early.

Even in McCall's days everyone was only on a one year deal and at this point we were still waiting on the majority of players returning form holiday to find out if they were going to stay for another year or not. This year its only Musonda we are waiting on.

Most other years at this point we couldnt put an 11 on the park, this year we can and its already (on paper anyway) as good, if not better than what we had last season.

Yes we know its not the finished article and we are in need of at least a RB, CH and CM but we are in a really strong position compared to normal / most other teams in our league

Stone

RB Stanger CB Reading/LB

Henderson CM Murdoch Murphy

Oakley Dowds

Subs: Mutch, McAllister, McGinty, Reading/LB, Dempsey, Syla, RW, McKenzie, McRoberts

Bring in another 5, loan out Bryden, Watret etc. Ecrepont probably stays till January with Mutch injured.  Even loan out McRoberts and get another attacker in if money/space available.

13 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Stone

RB Stanger CB Reading/LB

Henderson CM Murdoch Murphy

Oakley Dowds

Subs: Mutch, McAllister, McGinty, Reading/LB, Dempsey, Syla, RW, McKenzie, McRoberts

Bring in another 5, loan out Bryden, Watret etc. Ecrepont probably stays till January with Mutch injured.  Even loan out McRoberts and get another attacker in if money/space available.

Could probably do with another LM and maybe a quick, nimble striker with Dowds and Oakley too.

31 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Could probably do with another LM and maybe a quick, nimble striker with Dowds and Oakley too.

As much as I agree, we ain't doing 6 strikers surely. 

There were hints a few weeks ago of at least one "marquee" signing that would 'impress everyone'. I assume that's not happened yet, or did I miss the part when I was meant to be impressed?

50 minutes ago, Iain said:

There were hints a few weeks ago of at least one "marquee" signing that would 'impress everyone'. I assume that's not happened yet, or did I miss the part when I was meant to be impressed?

I can’t remember but we’ve likely missed out on him. Brown said he was happy that the four we’ve signed so far were all first picks but I’m sure he alluded to us missing out on other targets. 

1 hour ago, Iain said:

Probably Kyle Turner..

Bryden needs a loan for his own development and to get him out of the "he's one of our own" bubble, I'm sure everyone wants the boy from the stands becomes star striker story to come true but for that he needs to be playing regularly.

36 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Bryden needs a loan for his own development and to get him out of the "he's one of our own" bubble, I'm sure everyone wants the boy from the stands becomes star striker story to come true but for that he needs to be playing regularly.

Bryden has a make or break season coming up whether out on loan or with us.

Bryden needs to have a think about what kind of career he wants to have and do what is best for him. If that is getting slated doing donkey work out wide or playing as a goal scoring forward, he’s probably not going to do the latter at Ayr next season.