The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Moyes

Better manager than Clarke could ever be. Always raises players games when he comes in and plays a defensive game which suits the players available

1 minute ago, Iain said:

It's inevitable that when you hire a mediocre Kilmarnock level coach you get  a mediocre team

He’s more than a mediocre killie manager he was waaay abouthat level when he was their manager 

21 minutes ago, Iain said:

It's inevitable that when you hire a mediocre Kilmarnock level coach you get  a mediocre team

The man who can qualify you to the heady heights of playing against Connaghs quay. But also getting pumped royally. 
he’s turned Scotland into Killie. A laughing stock. 

That tonight reminded me of Bullen, set up wrong, don’t change anything until a centre half does something daft.

Make mad substitutions and don’t manage a shot on or off target. 

I the post match interview, talk about belief. 

Clarke has done well for us on the whole. He was rotten to start with. A pumping off ROI and lying down to Ukraine for wC qualifying were low points. We peaked against Spain and it's been downhill since.

We're in the top nations league group and we've qualified for this tourney. This is as far as he takes us though. He's done.

Was going to say that too many of our big players never turned up but on second thoughts i don't think anyone turned up. Genuinely can't think of one player i'd give pass marks too.

Nevermind losing tonight to one of the best clubs in Europe if not the whole world, it's the fact we were terrible at the same time, we looked like Burnley going away to Manchester City having already been relegated... chastening night 

2 hours ago, Superhursty7 said:

I agree he needs to go after this tournament but there is no outstanding candidate, we are going to end up with Steven Naismith or someone like that.

Definitely David Moyes especially after he's just left West Ham

3 hours ago, Scott-ish said:

I've given Clarke the benefit of the doubt. It took a while to see past him being a DKB and to be honest he's got a very very limited squad to choose from, especially at CB.

I'll reserve final judgement until after we go out but I'll be glad to see the bank of him after this tournament. We've been horrible since we qualified. 

Jeez.

Scotland are hopeless -‘to qualify is the miracle’

Clarke is a genius.

7 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Was going to say that too many of our big players never turned up but on second thoughts i don't think anyone turned up. Genuinely can't think of one player i'd give pass marks too.

Nevermind losing tonight to one of the best clubs in Europe if not the whole world, it's the fact we were terrible at the same time, we looked like Burnley going away to Manchester City having already been relegated... chastening night 

Don't remember the last time John McGinn had a good game for Scotland

The Scotland Goalkeeper problem annoys me.

If I was asked before kick off, who I'd have in nets, I'd have said Gunn. He looked like he had a case of stage fright.

Craig Gordon was awful for his 45 minutes against Finland (his last game for Scotland 🤞) and Zander Clark has always looked abysmal.

What Scotland need is a goalkeeping coach like Timmins 👍

Edited by Roxanne's man

11 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

The Scotland Goalkeeper problem annoys me.

If I was asked before kick off, who I'd have in nets, I'd have said Gunn. He looked like he had a case of stage fright.

Craig Gordon was awful for his 45 minutes against Finland (his last game for Scotland 🤞) and Zander Clark has always looked abysmal.

What Scotland need is a goalkeeping coach like Timmins 👍

Awful in a friendly or not, Gordon is still the best goalie we have and it’s baffling that he wasn’t at least taken as a back up to Gunn. 

What we have now is a goalkeeper who has never looked good enough being first choice and two goalies behind him who are equally awful. 

Theres too many players in the squad that can’t handle the step up in a competitive international game. I felt sorry for Ralston last night as he is so painfully out his depth. Constantly receiving the ball facing his own goal and wanting to take two or three touches before making a pass. Can’t remember how many times he actually managed to play the ball forward and it land at a Scotland player. Porteous was the same but it’s hard to like him when he’s constantly on the verge of doing something daft. 

43 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Awful in a friendly or not, Gordon is still the best goalie we have and it’s baffling that he wasn’t at least taken as a back up to Gunn. 

What we have now is a goalkeeper who has never looked good enough being first choice and two goalies behind him who are equally awful. 

Theres too many players in the squad that can’t handle the step up in a competitive international game. I felt sorry for Ralston last night as he is so painfully out his depth. Constantly receiving the ball facing his own goal and wanting to take two or three touches before making a pass. Can’t remember how many times he actually managed to play the ball forward and it land at a Scotland player. Porteous was the same but it’s hard to like him when he’s constantly on the verge of doing something daft. 

Scotland were okay goalkeeper wise when there was the likes of McGregor, Gordon and Marshall to chose from 🫤 All of which are around 40 now. I honestly couldn't think of another Scottish goalkeeper Goalkeeper that could be thrown into the current international mix 🫤

Agreed, Ralston and Porteous aren't international standard at all. Though you could debate a few others in that squad as well. Taylor for example 🙄 I'd rather Paddy Reading....

It's a shame as Scotland has a good amount of players that could potentially make the step up, though Clarke has stuck with more or less the same team for years.

43 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The lack of any outstanding goalkeepers coming through has been a problem that Scotland have been sleepwalking towards for years.